19

he's joining our table now? jeonghan's gaze lingers on the boy sitting next to his best friend. why is he everywhere?

seungcheol, who is sitting next to the male, is casually talking to chan. jeonghan doesn't care. what he cares about is the seokmin guy.

he will not wreck his brain out to figure why on earth he feels a bit of hatred towards the bright gentleman. all he needs to know is that he will not be happy any time soon unless seokmin stays away from joshua. but how?! when joshua is just so happy these days. it's like he is seeing a whole new joshua.

"joshuji." everybody stops talking and faces the second oldest. at the sudden attention, jeonghan feels uncomfortable. that's not what he wants. he wants joshua's attention only.

"'joshuji'?" seokmin says. immediately, there is a big fat frown on jeonghan's perfect face. that nickname. only jeonghan can call joshua that. it's a special nickname given to joshua by the one and only yoon jeonghan. "jisoo, can i call you joshuji too?"

a drop dead silent.

seungcheol slowly moves away from jeonghan, hugging chan's arm. the maknae deadpans at the oldest. junhui lets out a tiny 'uh-oh'. mingyu lowers his head (he looks so small for a 6'2"). the rest just suck up to the dark aura around the so-called angel. they can't just dash out of the cafeteria now, can they?

it happened a few times in the past: soonyoung, seungkwan, mingyu, and chan had called him that nickname once. jeonghan yelled him them playfully but with a clear warning. however, the jeonghan right now is so scary. hell, he didn't even raise his voice; he did the opposite.

"um—"

"no," the angel cuts joshua off coldly, but his gaze shoots bullets at seokmin. "only i can call him that." it is the first time joshua has ever heard jeonghan speaking like that.

the tension is so thick nothing can cut through it. that's how bad it is. the mood goes from bling bling yellow to red and black.

no one dares to open their mouth. joshua eyes jeonghan hesitatingly. joshua tries to catch his eyes to calm him down, but jeonghan doesn't budge.

question is: is jeonghan's sudden duality that shocking? yes, people named him angel for a reason.

another question is: what is even more shocking than an angel switching to a satan in a mere second? seokmin's nonchalant to the situation.

lee seokmin shrugs with an unbothered attitude, "okay. i like the name jisoo much better anyway."

lee fucking seokmin did not just do that. oh, he just did that.

it pisses jeonghan off.

"moreover, no one calls jisoo by his korean name. so from now on, i call dips on it!" seokmin raises his hand excitingly. why is so he hyped up for? the satan is literally there. "jisoo, is that okay with you?"

"h-huh?" joshua stutters. poor joshua, looking like a scared lost deer. or maybe a scared cat. "oh, s-sure." his smile is tight.

jeonghan slams both his palms on the table. vernon's water bottle hits the floor with a loud 'dong!'. my favorite baby pink hydroflask bottle! vernon sadly turns to his boyfriend. seungkwan sighs and pats the younger's back.

"let's get out of here, cheol." in a split second, seongcheol gets pulled up by his collar and gets zoomed away.

it doesn't take long for the guys to go back to chit-chatting. one person, though, never stops looking at the door.

jeonghan and seungcheol are long gone. jeonghan is most likely seeking seungcheol's comfort.

joshua is not stupid. he's a smart guy. therefore, he knows that, although jeonghan's coldness is not towards him but is reserved for seokmin, he is the cause of this calm before the storm.

he bolts out of cafeteria, ignoring his friends' calls. on the way down the hallway and out the main building, he pulls out his phone and dials jeonghan's number. please pick up. joshua is about to end the call to call again but the other line connects on the seventh ring.

"hel—"

"where are you?" his breathing is loud and heavy.

he hears a sigh from the male. "joshua—"

"where are you?" he asks again. he runs faster. "i'm coming to your dorm right now."

"wait, no! shua—" jeonghan sounds frustrated. whatever. "i'm not at the dorm, joshua."

"where are you then?" it's the third time he's asking. even if jeonghan refuses to tell him, he has his ways. "are you with cheol?"

"no," he sighs. "i'm at the park."

joshua doesn't need to ask any further. he knows which park jeonghan is talking about.

the call ends abruptly by the person who called before he runs faster.

to the place where they first met.