06

maybe joshua shouldn't have volunteered to buy his friends snacks. maybe he shouldn't have felt guilty for not accepting jeonghan's invitation.

because now he really does not want to leave.

how can he, when the guy of his dream since high school is standing in front of him looking so fucking hot?

those water droplets from his black wolf-cut hair. a white towel around his neck as he uses it to dry his hair oh-so-sexily, while his big black eyes pierce through the younger's soul. the goddamn black, oversized shirt and black shorts.

damn it, because how can he look so sexy with that innocent face? yoon jeonghan is truly the definition of pretty, handsome, hot, cute, sexy—yeah, name it all. he's all and beyond.

joshua is adorn in his oversized flannel shirt. it's a soft blue and white plaid. he pairs it with light-washed wide jeans and white nike air force shoes. it's simple but stylish. his hair is a little messy after a long day. the top button of his flannel is opened, slightly revealing his toned chest.

his pretty deer eyes stare back at the older. he keeps his mouth shut, not wanting unnecessary words to slip out.

also, maybe it's just joshua's imagination, but behind those so-called innocent eyes of jeonghan's, he senses something. something dark and dangerous. yeah, it must be his imagination. joshua is out of it for the day, after all.

jeonghan smiles brightly, "you're here."

yup, my hallucinating ass. joshua, won't you pull yourself together?

"yeah," the younger mirrors the smile. he lifts a white plastic bag and hands it over. "here's your delivery."

"thank you! want to come in for a bit?" jeonghan's eyes sparkle. he hasn't seen his friend the whole day. well, that's a lie. they met this morning, but still.

joshua itches to say yes. however, joshua knows better. he needs to stop being so whipped for his best friend. it will only hurt him in the end, even though he is already hurting now—every day. because he knows it will always be an unrequited love.

he has to follow tonight's plan. "no, i need to leave. i'll come over soon though."

"aw, okay then."

somewhere inside in the dorm, seungcheol's loud voice can be heard. "yah, han! tell shua to come in for a bit! i miss him!" joshua rolls his eyes and giggles. that big baby, seriously.

"you were the one who told joshua to rest earlier!" jeonghan yells back.

"but i miss him!"

jeonghan groans at seungcheol's childishness while the other laughs softly.

"alright, i'll leave now." jeonghan nods and the two share a lingering hug. "cheol, i have to go now! i need some rest! see you tomorrow!" he yells so the guy inside can hear him clearly.

"ugh, fine!" seungcheol yells back, still not showing himself.

with that, joshua gives the male in front of him one last smile before leaving.

the one left at the door watches his best friend's figure disappear in the hall. sighing, he closes the door.

he walks in and drops the grocery bag on the dining table. seungcheol, who is sitting there, watches him plops down on the chair in front of him. his eyes divert to the bag and instantly light up.

the oldest takes out the junk food and picks up his favorite chocolate bar. "as expected from shua. he knows my favorites."

"of course, he is the most attentive and considerate person ever." jeonghan smiles as he stares at the bags of his favorite gummy bears fondly.

jeonghan doesn't realize that he has been staring at the gummies for so long until seungcheol speaks up. "are you going to eat those colorful bears or not? why are you just staring at them with heart eyes? weird ass."

heart eyes? is this guy crazy? jeonghan scoffs.

he throws a gummy bear bag at the older, "you're the weird ass." and that's how a food fight starts.

on the other side on south campus, joshua just got out of the shower. all that is left is to study before he gets to be under his soft, cozy comforter.

he takes out his laptop, notebooks and pencil. plugging in both airpod buds in his ears, he selects his favorite spotify playlist. of course, he got the scented candle lighted to form the perfect study night mood. the guy likes to be simple, aesthetic, and fancy at the same time.

there's no interruptions to joshua's mind. no yoon jeonghan has randomly popped up in his pretty little head once.

an hour passed, and the male is finishing typing the last sentence for a report. he snaps out of his concentration and stretches his arms. glancing at the time on the laptop screen, he sighs. it is a little past eleven but it's still not that late.

woah...yoon jeonghan didn't take away my concentration tonight. joshua proudly smiles to himself.

he is not obsessed with his best friend, no. he doesn't get distracted every time he studies, but it happens. joshua loves jeonghan so it's natural.

i guess that's enough for today. "good job, hong jisoo." he pats himself on the shoulders twice.

wasting no more time, he shuts the laptop off and puts everything away. then, he jumps on the bed and indulges himself in the warmth. his eyes slowly shuts and he drifts to dreamland.