21

after so many emotional damage episodes the past couple weeks, everything is suddenly all sunshine and rainbows.

his relationship with jeonghan is still the same, but much closer than before. it feels like they are back to the time when it was just them two. but joshua avoids thinking like that as much as possible because seungcheol doesn't deserved to be seen as the villain. choi seungcheol is the sweetest and the most caring friend anyone can ask for. joshua loves seungcheol and he does not regret meeting him. ever.

his classes, well, are still nightmares, but he's getting through. now that his relationship with jeonghan is going great, he can stay on track with schoolwork again.

his roommate a.k.a new buddy is a bonus. seokmin's sunshine personality is truly irresistible. seokmin is officially joshua's second happy boost. first is yoon jeonghan, duh.

let's not forget the music club. the past two weeks have been so much fun. they are currently preparing themselves to perform at yehwa university. next month, they will be holding a big event, and pledis university's music club is invited.

the week flew by so in a blink of an eye, and it is already sunday.

joshua strums his guitar as he sings to his chosen song for the performance. sunday morning may or may not be his default song, but hey, so what? he gets teased by his friends and club members every time.

he has been going on for almost an hour now. indeed, joshua is a perfectionist. he is sensitive, so he hates messing up.

"jisoo~" seokmin sings as his opens the door to their shared room. joshua didn't notice the younger's disappearance because he was too focused. joshua looks up from the guitar, looking at seokmin questioningly with doe eyes.

damn it! those eyes will be the death of me. seokmin keeps his mouth shut to prevent high-pitched squeals. once he is sure he is composed again, he smiles, "i'm hungry. let's go out for lunch!"

"but i'm practicing," joshua pouts. seokmin won't lose though. he returns the pout, "but i'm hungry."

"then let's cook ramyeon?"

"no, i want to go out."

"uh...how about kimchi fried rice? rose pasta? stirred chicken?"

"everything sounds delicious," he sighs in satisfaction.

"i want to go out."

"...fine."

"are you full, jisoo?" seokmin rubs his tummy.

"very," joshua giggles.

they didn't eat anything fancy. can't believe seokmin was so excited and begged joshua to go out just to eat fast food. though, fast food is perfectly fine and joshua is having fun so that all that matters.

seokmin successfully persuaded joshua into staying out for longer, so now they are in the mall. both males doesn't need to do any shopping, but seokmin wants to hang out with joshua.

as they stroll around, seokmin becomes a complete fool. he sees mannequins behind the glass window, he runs up to them and copies their poses as joshua laughs and clicks pictures. seokmin jumps around like a kid high on sugar. he is just too excited to be out alone with his potential crush. seokmin screams high-pitched notes when he gets startled by toy animals that moves. he cries loudly after dropping his ice cream cone.

one fun and chaotic day with lee seokmin.

[jeonghan <3]

jeonghan:
hey joshujiiuuuu

joshua:
hi lol

jeonghan:
what r u doingggggg

joshua:
i'm at the mall right now
what r u doing?

jeonghan:
nothing 🥺
stupid cheol left me to go study for his stupid
test for NEXT MONTH
i hate him so much
idk why i'm dating him 😪😤

joshua:
lol
do u wanna join us then?

jeonghan:
yes yes yes!!
wait— us?

joshua:
yeah, seokmin is with me
since you two haven't talked to each other much...
you can take this opportunity to be friends!
he's a sweet guy, trust me 😊

jeonghan:
oh
well, maybe next time
i'm actually gonna take a nap 😴

joshua:
what why
is it because of seokmin...?
he's a really nice guy tho

jeonghan:
haha no, i'm just really tired
i was excited to see u for a sec but i realized
im running on 3hr-sleep lolll
i'll hang out with u next time, promise
also, it's not bc of him. no hard feelings
lmao

joshua:
okay...if u say so

jeonghan:
😊😊

joshua:
then make sure to get a lot of sleep
u pulled an all-nighter with wonwoo to play
games, didn't u

jeonghan:
oops u caught me hehe

joshua:
smh
go to sleep. right. now.

jeonghan:
yes ma'am 🫡

joshua:
im a guy, jeonghan! 😡

jeonghan:
yes sir 🫡

joshua shakes his head at jeonghan's stunt. he doesn't know why jeonghan is refusing to befriend seokmin, but he really wants them to get along. jeonghan is literally a social butterfly. i need to ask him about it soon.

"you're spacing out," seokmin points out. "what did jeonghan say?" he saw joshua texting jeonghan. he just doesn't know what they were talking about.

"oh, it's nothing," joshua smiles. seokmin just nods and stays quiet.

the next destination is at a bubble tea place.

while joshua is reading the menu on the wall, seokmin is gazing at him. for the first time, the sunshine is displaying another expression other than happiness: sadness. if only joshua had turned his head, he would've seen the sad eyes of seokmin. but the younger quickly covers it up.

"jisoo," he calls. "hm?" joshua hums, still selecting a drink.

"you like jeonghan, right?"

joshua freezes. his whole body feels numb and he starts sweating cold sweats. his face turns pale and his lips parted.

he doesn't want to turn to face seokmin. he doesn't want to further expose himself. perhaps feigning ignorance will get him out of the situation. he just wishes to run away, or gets swallowed by the ground sounds even better.

joshua knows he is fucked. i'm fucked.