23

the next morning, joshua didn't know how to face his roommate.

joshua hong never shows his vulnerable side to anyone. he is the type to comfort others instead.

he acted awkward and embarrassed when they ate breakfast together. even on the way to school, he couldn't start a conversation. luckily, seokmin assured him that he will not spill a word to anyone.

joshua is grateful towards the younger. i'm so lucky to have him as a friend.

they parted ways a few minutes ago, and he is smiling happily on his way to class. i should cook his favorite food tonight. or should we go out instead? he makes a note to message seokmin later.

joshua can hear loud footsteps behind him, like someone is running, but he thinks it's just a random student.

well, no. it's not a random student, because the mysterious person suddenly jumps on him. he is literally being back-hugged.

he gasps, panicking for a millisecond before calming down after hearing the familiar sweet voice.

"good morning, joshuji!" jeonghan sings excitedly. why is he so happy early in the morning? most of the time, the guy is like a walking dead in the early hours.

"oh my god, you scared me!" he slaps jeonghan's arm that is still wrapped around his neck. the boy giggles and peeks at the side with his angelic smile.

if people don't know he's dating seungcheol, they will for sure believe that he is foolishly in love with joshua and vice versa.

"sorry~ i just saw you walking and got so excited. what class are you heading to? chem?"

"mhm," joshua nods his head with a pout. cute, jeonghan cooes.

"let's get moving. we're blocking the path," the older giggles. "i'll walk you to class."

"what about your class?" joshua frowns. if he remembers correctly, jeonghan has a morning class today, but he doesn't remember what time.

"yeah but i have thirty minutes left to spare." joshua nods his head.

the truth is, jeonghan's class is starting in fifteen minutes, but joshua doesn't have to know. i'll just be five minutes late. no big deal. his joshuji is more important.

jeonghan himself doesn't know why he feels so giddy whenever he sees his best friend nowadays, but he just pushes the rising questions away. he believes it's because they are finally becoming closer like back then.

yes, he noticed since the start—joshua's cautiousness and effort to keep a small distance in their friendship. he never thought much about it.

now, he's just happy now that joshua is loosening up again.

"alright, i'll leave now. bye princess!" jeonghan says with a teasing tone. they are a few steps away from the old-looking building.

joshua gasps, feeling offended. how dare he? "i'm not a princess!"

"yes you are."

"i'm not!"

"you are."

"i'm nottt!" he stomps his feet like a kid throwing a tantrum.

pft. look at his little feet. "yes, you are. ask seungcheol. he called you that first." sorry cheol, but i need someone to take the blame. hehe.

"gosh, that idiot," joshua rolls his eyes. he glances at the guy beside him, "i'm going in now. see you during lunch." he makes his way in the building.