20

"this is not right," seungkwan frowns.

he is supposed to be studying like his friends, but something is distracting him. specifically, the two culprits sitting by the window.

"kwan, stop staring at them. eyes on your notebook," his boyfriend says in a low voice to not disturb the others.

it always amuses him how seungkwan is always the one to initiate a study session, but also the only one who gets off track. still, vernon always makes sure his boyfriend passes his classes.

seungkwan leans closer to vernon, eyes refusing to leave the two guys. "babe, look at them. something is not right." vernon does as the younger says, but he sees nothing wrong. "everything is right. it's just jeonghan and joshua studying together."

"exactly! they fought just yesterday, and now they're basically glued to the hips? look!" he discreetly points at seungcheol farthest away from jeonghan. "why is he sitting there and not with his lover?"

vernon sighs at seungkwan's detective behavior. "kwan, it's normal. jeonghan and joshua are best friends. also, seungcheol and jeonghan don't have to stick together all the time just because they are dating."

"what? are you hinting that i shouldn't cling to you every second? is that it?" seungkwan is taking it personally. he glares at vernon with a pout, making the poor boy stutters while shaking his head frantically. "fine, let's say it's normal for them to be apart sometimes. but i don't remember ever seeing jeonghan and joshua so close to each other. from our perspective, don't they look more like a couple?"

vernon now also pays attention closely. he tilts his head and furrows his eyebrows, "...you're right."

"right?!"

the friend group knows that the three oldest are best friends. they know that jeonghan and joshua have a special bond because they are childhood friends. however, in the eyes of the ten boys, jeonghan seems closer to seungcheol. there is no playing favorite here, but jeonghan is seen together more with the oldest than joshua, which is why they kept getting teased for not becoming official. there is more skinship between the two and joshua always looks like a third wheel.

which is why seungkwan and vernon find the current close proximity between jeonghan and joshua and their own little world weird.

"i guess they made up," another voice joins the verkwan's conversation. his voice, deep and low.

the couple jump and whip their heads to where the voice is. wonwoo doesn't pay attention to them though. he is also staring at jeonghan and joshua. so they made up huh? that was fast.

since wonwoo is observant, quick-witted, and good at reading people's mind, can he figure out the invisible problem between the two?

or even worse, can he figure out joshua's feelings towards his best friend?

whether he can or can't is not a problem. it shouldn't be a question even, because jeon wonwoo has finally figured out joshua's love for jeonghan and jeonghan's obliviousness at this very moment.

he should be proud, but instead, he frowns. joshua's sad love story is nothing to be happy about. wonwoo hates getting involve other people's business, but he wants to help joshua. joshua means so much to him. he loves all of his friends, but everybody has a soft spot for the boy, including wonwoo himself.

"hey, won," seungkwan snaps the older out of his thoughts. "you're sensing something weird about them too, right?" vernon also looks at wonwoo in pure curiosity. seungkwan over-exaggerates literally all the time so he would like to know someone else's point of view.

wonwoo stares at seungkwan blankly. the comedian-like boy is a blabbermouth. joshua clearly doesn't want anyone to know. moreover, seungkwan is a seoksoo enthusiast. "no."

"wow. took you so long to say one word that has two letters that end in one freaking second," seungkwan deadpans. wonwoo shrugs and goes back to studying.

vernon sighs, "babe, please. let's study now."

"fine!"

at last, seungkwan picks up his pen again after half an hour of doing creepy staring. while jogging down random words that he cannot understand, his mind goes back to his ship-name list.

he just made a new ship name that he never thought would exist: jihan. although he thinks jeonghan and joshua would actually make a cute couple, he can't helped but feels a bit disappointed.

seoksoo is the number one ship on his list, and it still is.

this is so complicated. so complicated, i tell you.

isn't seungkwan so cute?? :((