03

"shua!"

joshua just finished his last class for the day. the moment he exits the lab room, a so-familiar voice calls him from behind. he turns around only to be face-to-faced with the one and only yoon jeonghan.

jeonghan is dressed in one of his many cardigan collections. he wears a plain white shirt and a black-and-white zebra lined cardigan over it. his black skinny jeans and black high-top converse complete his simple but dreamy daily look.

there is no way joshua hong cannot not fall in love with the male in front of him who is adorning his killer smile. joshua feels his heart rate accelerating insanely.

joshua almost flushes right there and then. he is so close to turning into a tomato.

keyword: almost.

joshua succeeds in kicking away his irrationality and tells his heart off for not reading the room. yoon freaking jeonghan doesn't like you that way. stop beating so damn fast and loud, stupid heart!

"hey jeonghan. what's up?" joshua gives his usual smile. he is acting perfectly normal. call him a pro.

the two begin heading to the nearest cafe to grab coffee. they need it very much.

"nothing~ just got out of class early and wanted to see you. why didn't you come to our dorm for dinner last night? i missed you." jeonghan pouts and clings onto the other's arm. his rubs his cheek on joshua's shoulder. the guy is touchy; it's a habit.

that means nothing. he says it all the damn time.

"sorry, i was really busy with assignments. what did you and seungcheol make for dinner last night?"

"we made kimchi stew, but you didn't come so seungcheol ate your portion."

joshua chuckles, "that sounds like him."

"how about...let's have a sleepover at yours tonight! cheol and i will be there by 7, okay?"

seungcheol and jeonghan share a dorm together since last year. joshua lived with his grandparents, but his friends kept pestering him to live on campus. in the end, he gave in and moved in this year.

since tomorrow is saturday, joshua doesn't mind if his friends sleep over. the guys come over a lot anyway. his dorm has one room with two beds. he doesn't have a roommate yet.

"okay. bring food though. i ran out of food."

"what? joshuji, what have you been eating then?" jeonghan stops walking, causing the younger to stop as well. he stares at joshua in disbelief.

"uh..." joshua tries to avoid jeonghan's eyes. "ramyeon?"

and there goes another lecture from his best friend. he's nagging but i keep wanting to hear more. how funny. he chuckles to himself, which stops the other from talking.

"why are you laughing? i'm dead serious here."

joshua laughs, making his eyes crinkle cutely. jeonghan stares at the boy in front of him. his heart softens at the younger's laugh. he looks so adorable jeonghan wants to squeeze him in a tight hug and keeps him in his pocket.

although joshua is a grown man, he is forever the baby in the trio. moreover, who can possibly resist joshua's charms? for sure, his two best friends can't, especially jeonghan.

"okay, okay. i know. i have just been so busy these past few days to go grocery shopping." they continue walking again.

"you should've told me or cheol! we could've done it for you and even stack up the your fridge ourselves. it's not like we don't know the password to your dorm."

"nah, it's fine." jeonghan rolls his eyes with his arms crossed.

a few more minutes and they reach the cafe they frequently go to. jeonghan orders an iced americano and a strawberry cheesecake for them to share. joshua just orders a caramel macchiato.

the two spend an hour in the cafe just talking about school and fun stuff. just the two of them.

just yoon jeonghan and joshua hong. joshua likes the sound of that.

when was the last time he got to spend time with just jeonghan? joshua doesn't remember because it's been so long.

but right now, he is happy. so happy.

he wishes he can spend more time like this with the person he is secretly in love with. just this much will satisfy him. he won't ask for anything more.

just jeonghan's undivided attention. just like the past.

just a heads up—the chapters get longer after this one. thank you for reading! ☺️