05

throughout the whole week, the american boy realizes that today might be the only day where he has some time to go grocery shopping. checking his phone screen that reads 5:06, he nods in satisfaction.

he somehow managed to get a lot of work done last night. he sacrificed his sleep and now he has some free time. finally.

joshua starts calculating the time he'll finish shopping and cooking. everything will be done before 10 pm, including his night routine care. this means he can hit the bed by 11.

there's no morning class tomorrow so he can at last get eight hours of sleep after a few weeks. he smiles at his ideal plan. perfect.

on his way to the school parking lot, he bumps into minghao.

"hey hyung," the chinese male smiles.

"oh, hi. are you going home?"

"yeah, it's my turn to cook dinner today." the guy looks so tired and joshua can definitely sympathize. being a fashion design major is not easy.

minghao lives with junhui, mingyu, and wonwoo in an apartment. that was their plan since high school.

the rest nine friends live in the dormitory.

"are you also heading home?" the younger asks.

joshua shakes his head. "i'm going to the supermarket. my fridge and cabinets are empty since last week." the filled-up refrigerator and cabinets by jeonghan and seungcheol are empty again.

"bro, what? it's amazing that you're still alive," the boy gasps. the older sends a playful glare.

the two part ways soon after. minghao doesn't forget to remind the older to eat on time three times a day. though, they both know that's almost impossible.

school likes to mess with them and their health.

the male with soft raven hair pushes the cart towards the meat section. since he loves meat, he grabs different types and throws them in the cart. next is the vegetables. then, the beverages. of course, joshua doesn't forget the instant food. he's too busy to cook everyday. lastly, the snacks section.

joshua proceeds to pick up some chips. he goes for some biscuits and candies as well.

satisfied with his filled up cart, joshua is about to go pay when his phone rings. seeing the name, he mindlessly picks up.

"hello?"

"joshuji~ where are you?" how can i feel butterflies just from his voice?

"supermarket, why?"

"wanna come over? we bought chicken feet and tteokbokki."

honestly, joshua wants to say no. he's really tired, and thinking of sleeping early for once in a while sounds like heaven.

he sighs. he is about to agree when a muffled voice is heard on the other line. although it's not that clear, joshua can understand some words.

seungcheol is basically telling the angel-like male to let joshua rest because joshua told seungcheol this morning how he is so sleep deprived and wanted some rest tonight.

"oh, sorry joshuji. i didn't know." even though the guy is not present, joshua can imagine the pout.

"it's fine. i didn't tell you. but yeah, i don't think i'll stay at your place for dinner. sorry."

"no worries. just take care of yourself well first. let me know if you need anything, understand?"

"mhm." just hearing jeonghan's voice makes him feel better. "but do you and cheol need anything from the market? i can drop by at your place real quick."

"it's okay. just go home and rest."

"no, really. i'll just drop off the things you want and leave. it would take less than 10 minutes. so, is there anything you need?"

"fine. hey cheol, do you need anything from the supermarket? shua will drop them off." he can hear the two talking and waits patiently. "cheol wants some chocolate, and can you buy me some gummy bears?"

"sure. that's all?"

"yep~ thanks joshuji. i love you!"

"okay, bye."

"oh no you won't. you have to say it back, come on. i love you~"

the male can't hide the faint blush. he's not here to see me blush anyway. "i love you too."

"good boy. alright, bye! see you later!"

the call ends and he heaves a sigh. he closes his eyes to calm down. yoon jeonghan is dangerous.

leaving the cart in its place, he walks to where the wanted snacks are. after grabbing the items, he turns around only to bump into stacked up boxes.

a loud "woah!" goes through his ears as the boxes hit the floor with loud thuds. a tan male wearing a uniform, indicating that he works here, fell down on his butt.

joshua gasps as his eyes bulge. "oh my god, i'm so sorry! are you okay?"

he immediately helps the stranger up. in those few seconds, joshua has the opportunity the look at the guy properly.

he has tanned skin and is taller than joshua. he looks around the same age as the american. despite falling down hard, the stranger gives him a bright smile. his butt must hurt a lot though.

"i'm okay! thank you for helping me. i couldn't see properly because of the boxes, sorry." the boy is polite and bright.

after a few more apologies from both sides, joshua bids goodbye without catching the worker's name on his uniform shirt.

on the other hand, the boy watches joshua leave with a smile not leaving his face.