35

"i'd hate to be a third-wheeler so, no."

the boy rejects the invitation to go to baskin robbin with the verkwan couple. there's a buy two get one free event and seungkwan has been adament on bringing chan along.

"chan, it's a buy two get one free event! i know you don't like ice cream but you can get the third cup for us," boo persuades.

"i do like ice cream," chan deadpans. i just like specific flavors.

the older rolls his eyes sassily, "yeah, right. the classic vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry? shut up already."

i'm about to throw hands.

vernon frowns questioningly at his boyfriend's statement. he nudges the shorter's arm. "what's wrong with the classic flavors? they're great."
seungkwan effectively ignores his 't' personality boyfriend and tries to persuade chan again. it becomes a tug-and-war when seungkwan starts pulling the younger's arm with all of his might and chan pushing his whole body backward.

"what are you two doing?"

the dirty-blonde haired just got of class and was heading home when he spotted the three clowns from afar.

the youngest boy never looked so happy before. "oh hey, hyung! great timing. wanna go to the library with me?"

"library? i'm about to—"

"yeah? great, okay let's go!" chan links arms with the clueless male and runs away from seungkwan. the dramatic boo can be heard cursing chan from miles away but that's okay. at least chan is able to get away this time.

seungcheol hyung, you're a true life saver.

the older has no choice but to accompany the boy who is dragging him, because they are really on their way to the library.

he sighs, i guess i'll just study there.

it doesn't take long to arrive because the library is only a few minutes away. the two go up to the fourth floor to find a table.

sitting near the window, they immediately take out their school stuff. the silence invades the space as they both busy themselves with the upcoming midterms.

now thinking of it, seungcheol and chan have never been together alone before. they're close, yeah, but chan was introduced to the group through the verkwan couple. seungcheol is always seen with jeonghan and joshua, especially jeonghan, so they don't really talk much.

three hours passed away. the bright screen is making the maknae's eyes sting. the boy blinks a few times before closing the laptop. he stretches his arms out, feeling the ache of his muscles. one down. two more to go.

he scans the library. there are still a lot of people. the sky outside is also getting dark.

chan internally groans, i need some caffeine in my system.

he faces front to see what the older is doing. seungcheol is still so focused on his study that he doesn't noticed chan's stare. the boy has never seen seungcheol look so serious before. the typical choi seungcheol likes to whine.

"hyung." he taps the back of the laptop twice.

the dirty-blonde haired looks up with his eyebrows furrowed unconsciously, "hm?"

"i'm gonna go get coffee. do you want anything?"

"oh—yeah. can you get me an iced vanilla latte with extra vanilla syrup? here, let me—" he ruffles through his backpack for his wallet.

"no, it's okay." chan stands up after grabbing his own wallet. "i'll be back." the boy leaves before seungcheol can even protest.

seungcheol follows chan's figure with his eyes, i'll pay him back later.