18

too many things has been happening recently. none of them were good, except for gaining a lee seokmin in joshua's life. joshua has to admit that the tanned boy is a happy pill; he is filled with nothing but happy energy.

he thought meeting and becoming friends with seokmin is a good luck out of all the bad lucks, but at this point, is it really just pure luck?

because seokmin is standing outside of his door right this instant, with a backpack on his back, two big suitcases, and one large duffel bag.

seokmin, as well, is stunned to see the older. the person at the front desk of the dorm building informed him that he will be sharing a dorm with a 3rd year resident. seokmin just didn't know it would be joshua.

"hyung?!" his eyes bulge. "w-wait, this is room 310, right?" he closes the metal door a bit to check the room number.

"it is..." joshua blinks once. twice. "so you're my new roommate." this is a bit scary but fascinating at the same time. even since he met seokmin at the supermarket, they just keep crossing path more and more.

"by the way, uh, i don't mean to intrude but can you let me in? it's kind of awkward. we've been standing here for about five minutes." he makes a 'hehe' sound. plus, he feels like his arms are going to fall off and his back is going to break soon.

joshua is amused at the younger's choice of words. intrude? this is his home now.

"o-oh, yes! i'm so sorry! how rude of me." joshua scoots over clumsily. the sunshine giggles at joshua's cuteness.

"no worries!" seokmin says.

joshua leads the taller to their shared room as seokmin scans the place.

the dorm has one room and one bathroom. the living room and the kitchen are not bad at all.

seokmin is beyond happy with his new home. his small hometown doesn't have such a nice home. the apartment he lived in just yesterday was also in poor conditions. wow, i love this place already.

"the left side of the room is all yours," joshua says with a welcoming smile. "have you eaten? it's almost lunch time."

seokmin quickly drops his things down. damn, my arms and back! "nope," seokmin tries to stand up straight, which is a bad idea because the pain strikes back two times worse.

joshua probably notices the other in pain. "lay down and rest. i will cook for us."

"oh, i can help—"

"no need. you must be really tired. relax your muscles for a bit. food will be ready in 30 minutes." the older exits the room, leaving an embarrassed seokmin.

he noticed.

thanks to joshua, seokmin now feels a little better. his whole body is still sore, but it's bearable now.

to seokmin, joshua is a unique individual. he is cute, quiet, friendly, kind, caring, and much more. there's no way to explain.

joshua yet again surprised the new incomer today. joshua is a great cook. he's definitely a chef. there's no way he's not.

joshua made black bean noodles. from scratch.

damn, joshua hong. like, who are you? it's a simple dish, but how can it look so fancy?

"it's just a simple dish, but i hope you like it," the bambi male says shyly. he has only ever made food for the eleven idiots and his grandparents. even his parents haven't gotten the chance to taste joshua's cooking.

seokmin doesn't hesitate to take one huge bite. his dark brown orbs turn into hearts. "wow! jisoo, you're the best. this is the best black bean noodles i have ever tried!"

"really?" joshua giggles, happy with the reaction.

"uh—well—maybe the second best. my mom's black bean noodles are the best." another wave of embarrassment hits the sunshine.

"of course, of course. i'm happy with being the second best." the older cannot stop his smile. he is overjoyed.

"by the way, you're moving in on a saturday?" the second week of spring semester is about to end and seokmin is moving in just now?

"oh, yeah. i didn't have enough money to move in right away..." joshua nods in understanding.

seokmin doesn't seem to be ashamed of revealing his situation. joshua likes that. there is nothing to be ashamed of. joshua knows that everyone had their own difficulties. if anything, joshua actually admires the boy for being independent at such a young age.

the sunshine then talks about himself, sharing more about his daily lives, his family, and his financial problems. joshua nows admires him even more.

"i know we just got to know each other, but i can help you if you need money. oh—sorry if it sounds like i'm trying to show-off that i'm from a wealthy family. i would never look down on you. i just honestly want to help. i am also here if you want to talk or just whatever. now that we live together, let's get along well." joshua offers a handshake with his beautiful curled-up lips. "welcome, seokmin."

seokmin takes his hand with no hesitation. he feels touched by the older's kind soul.

"thank you, jisoo."

ta-daaaa joshua now has a roommate ;)