11

at this point of time, no one cares if they ace or bomb their exams. what's the most important is that it is the last day of exams, and the twelve males are going to drink to their hearts' content tonight.

the plan is to crash at their friends' apartment. that way, they can drink as much as they want and knock themselves out there.

the excited, chaotic pair—boo seungkwan and kwon soonyoung—are on their way to buy alcohols and food. after they called their favorite restaurant to place their orders, they head to the convenient store.

"i don't know if that guy works today," seungkwan ponders. "we should've dragged joshua with us!"

"why?" the older questions, which earns him a smack at the back of his head. "ow! what the hell?!"

"are you stupid?! the guy i told you last time! the one joshua likes!"

as if he has been enlightened, soonyoung's eyes shine. "ahhhhhh. okay, okay. i get it now. why didn't you bring him along?!"

the younger facepalms himself. that's what i just said—forget it. i've never met anyone as stupid as him. "you know what? forget it."

the two enter the store and their first instinct is to look straight at the cashier counter.

the boy is indeed there.

soonyoung nudges the shorter boy. "hey, is that him?" he whispers as his eyes are still trained on the sun-kissed male.

"yeah, that's him!"

a few meters away, the cashier is busy studying. he needs to be prepared because he starts school in two weeks.

as he is underlining sentences in the workbook, he suddenly gets the chill, as if someone is staring at him. he slowly looks up and jumps in his seat. his two hands are placed on his chest. the two customers scared the hell out of him.

"h-hello...? w-welcome." why are they staring at me like that? is there something on my face? why are they smiling like that? it's kinda creepy, what the hell?

"oh, hi! we met a few days ago, but you probably don't remember me!" the cashier raises an eyebrow at the boy with brown hair. i really don't. do you know how many customers come and go everyday? "except my pretty friend though. maybe because he's special? haha."

the male at the cashier is even more confused now. pretty friend? who? what's wrong with this guy?

noticing the discomfort from the cashier's facial expression, soonyoung pushes his friend away. "sorry, my friend is a little abnormal. don't mind us!" seungkwan pulls strings of protests and profanities as the older pulls him away.

"hey! how dare you call me abnormal!" soonyoung hits his arm. "couldn't you see how uncomfortable he was? geez, read the room, will you?"

seungkwan snorts, "you're one to talk."

"at least i noticed his discomfort!"

the two continues to bicker until they stops in front of the cashier to pay. it's obvious that the sun-kissed boy is still weirded out.

seungkwan clears his throat, "hey, sorry if i made you uncomfortable earlier."

"no, it's okay," he awkwardly laughs.

"it's just that it's the first time joshua hyung looks so comfortable talking to someone he just met. we were shocked, you know?" soonyoung nods rapidly at the side, agreeing with seungkwan.

"joshua...? who's that?" seungkwan stares at him. don't tell me they don't know each other's name?! the two dumb friends give each other a look. "well...you know—my friend? the guy with bambi eyes that looks like a gentleman? the one you met at the supermarket?" he waves his hands in the air.

and then it clicks. so his name is joshua. the male reveals his infamous sunshine smile, "ah, yes! so you're his friends."

"yep!" seungkwan beams. he waves both hands. soonyoung follows stiffly.

"i'm—" he's about to introduce himself when soonyoung's phone rings loudy. "oh, go ahead." he gestures him to take the call.

"excuse me," soonyoung quickly excuses himself. "hello?"

"yah, where are you?! how long are you going to take?!"

"we're almost done, hold up! we're onto something important right now."

"give me a break. what are you two busy with? behaving like monkeys? hurry up!" mingyu whines.

"we're meeting joshua's crush right now!"

"what?!"

"yes, you idiot. now—"

"let's go." an arm links with his, taken him by surprise.

seungkwan drags him away without giving him a chance to protest. "w-wait, hey what?"

"i got all the informations needed," the younger winks. "trust me. i'm boo seungkwan."

"yah! explain! are you talking about the convenient store guy?!" mingyu yells from the other line. soonyoung obviously forgot about him.

seungkwan snatches the phone and ends the call. "they don't need to know. they'll ruin everything."

"ruin what?"

"my match-making plan," he smirks.

next chapter is the longest chapter so far, and i think y'all will love it. i had so much fun writing it. ☺️