09

"it's not fair!"

who in their right of mind thought that letting boo seungkwan tag along was a good idea? whoever that is deserves to be in a headlock right now, because the librarian at the front desk just gave them their fourth warning.

the fourth is great luck, but the fifth means they will be forever banned from the main campus library.

seungkwan has been going on about how unfair it is to make students study so hard for literally nothing, which is kind of true, but he doesn't have to be so loud.

junhui sighs, obviously embarrassed. "seungkwan, shut the fuck up!" he whisper-yells. he doesn't wish to be kicked out. the whole group doesn't.

seungkwan covers his mouth and clings onto his boyfriend. vernon is also tired of telling his lover to be quiet for just one minute.

they are in the library, and it's finals study week for god's sake.

"one more word from you and i'll be the one dragging your ass out," the oldest points his finger at the younger. "but—" seungcheol hisses, shutting him up.

at the end of the long table that the twelve students are studying at, a certain male has been concentrating intently. the moment they sat down two hours ago, he has been flipping through his books, typing away on his laptop, and jogging down notes nonstop. even seungkwan complaints that annoyed everybody didn't faze him one bit.

only until now does he drops his pencil down. he closes his eyes and holds the bridge of his nose.

"are you okay?" the person in front of him asks. his voice laces with concern. "you should take a break. you've been at it the moment we sat down."

"hm? oh, i'm fine. don't worry, jeonghan." jeonghan frowns. "no you're not. take a little break."

joshua gives a faint smile. he's too tired to give him a full one. he stands up, causing other ten to focus on him. "i'm going to the convenient store real quick. anyone want anything?"

multiple voices speak at the same time. joshua chuckles at the chaos. mingyu messages him a long list of what they want.

"i'll go—" jeonghan is about to volunteer to tag along but is interrupted by seungcheol.

"hey, can you help me with this—oh, are you going with shua? go."

jeonghan opens his mouth but gets cut off again before he gets to say one word. "it's okay. you can help cheol with his study. i can go by myself."

"but—"

"i'll go with you! i need to stay away from these books anyway," seungkwan jumps out of his seat.

jeonghan shoots daggers at the boy with brown hair and cute round cheeks.

what's with people jumping into my fucking mouth today? i'm trying to talk for fuck's sake.

joshua and seungkwan leaves the library together. jeonghan still glares at seungkwan as if he has committed a crime. the poor boy didn't even know jeonghan was about to speak up.

"what are you glaring at, weirdo? i'm asking for help here. hello?" seungcheol waves a hand in front of jeonghan's face.

"what?" he flatly asks. seungcheol scoffs in disbelief. "i need help with this question. this is the third time i'm repeating myself. pay attention!"

the convenient store is only a 10-minute walk away. as soon as they both enter, seungkwan waddles to the sweets section. joshua goes to the fridge to get drinks.

"hyung! the list, please!" he hears the younger yells. he goes to the sweets section to hand his phone over. "what about you?"

joshua shakes his head, "i don't need it. i memorized the list already."

"wow. as expected from a scholar."

when they are both done, they head to the cashier to pay. the person at the front somehow looks familiar to joshua, but he cannot pinpoint where he has seen the him. however, the sun-kissed boy seems to remember joshua because the moment they lock eyes, he immediately beams a bright smile.

his smile shines so brightly. he looks like he's the happiest person on earth. the two customers cannot helped but stare at him in awe.

"woah, what is he? an angel?" seungkwan mutters to no one in particular. "yoon jeonghan number two?"

then it suddenly clicks.

ah, the guy from the supermarket! joshua's eyes get bigger and he blinks a few times. but i thought he works at the supermarket? did he change his job? is he working both jobs? isn't he a student?

based on joshua's reaction, the familiar male giggles. he finds the american absolutely adorable. it also seems like the guy can read mind, because he answers all of the questions joshua just thought about.

"i work two jobs. here and at the supermarket. i took a break from school, but i'm starting again at a new university in a few weeks. you must be surprised to see me here..." the male tilts his head to study joshua's face expression. "it's nice meeting you again." again with that beam.

seungkwan silently watches the two with suspiciousness. he smirks, thinking there's something going on between them.

he's a nosy guy, after all. luckily soonyoung is not with them.

joshua exchanges a few more words with the cashier before leaving with a weirdly excited seungkwan.

guess who forgot ask or look at the name tag again?

"wait—your name?" but joshua is already gone.

on the whole way back, seungkwan talks about nothing but the cashier. he keeps asking questions only to get back short replies. joshua knows better than to get into more details. no one can stop seungkwan's wild thoughts.

i'm so glad soonyoung didn't tag along.

once they arrive at the big table where their friends are studying peacefully (thanks to the absence of boo seungkwan), the loud male wastes no time to spill the tea.

"guys! guess what?! our joshua has a thing for the cash—"

joshua is about to shut him up, but it seems like there is no need. the librarian is already on it.

"you with the two bags and green shoes! you're
ban—"

"i'm sorry! i promise i'll keep quiet now!"