28

the apartment of four best friends; two couples: junhui, wonwoo, mingyu, and minghao.

two are asleep in their respective rooms while the other two are drinking coffee in the living room.

"jun has been sulky about us being too close to each other for the past few days," minghao casually shares while taking a sip of his freshly brewed coffee. wonwoo only snorts at the information.

no matter how close the four are, wonwoo and minghao are dating two possessive males who are more immature than a five-year-old.

there's a moment of silence before the younger speaks up again. "shua hyung is still the same. the guys are going to know something is wrong in no time."

minghao and wonwoo have been following joshua around like two lost puppies since the day at the library, but the heartbroken male keeps pushing them away. he keeps telling them that he is fine but he is far from being okay.

wonwoo sighs as he puts down his mug, "the person who is able to help him the most is himself, but he keeps shutting himself off."

minghao seems to be deep in thoughts, but the older doesn't know since he is staring blankly at nothing in the front.

"woo."

"hm?"

"seokmin is joshua's roommate right?"

the mentioned of the sunshine piques his interest. "yeah."

"then seokmin must knows what's wrong. i think he most likely is the only person who knows everything. you and i figured out that joshua likes jeonghan, but that's it. but seokmin? i think the guy knows much more."

"yeah, that sounds right. should we try asking him later?"

"you two are in the same department so it should be easier to find time to talk," minghao nods his head.

"alright, i'll text you later. you should be there as well."

"okay."

the two get off the stools to clean their cups. it would be a pain in the ass if their whiny boyfriends don't see them when they wake up.

"i'll send my schedule for today to you later," minghao says and wonwoo hums in response.

they soon retreat to their rooms. wonwoo quietly opens the door to his and mingyu's shared room. just in time, the giant male on the queen-sized bed starts stirring.

the glasses boy faintly smiles at his boyfriend stretching his arms and legs out like a huge puppy.

"woo?" his morning voice is hot.

wonwoo goes to sit on the bed, crossing his legs. "good morning."

mingyu tilts his head to look at wonwoo with a pout, "where did you go?"

"i was just having coffee with hao in the living room."

the guy in bed pout even more hearing that. wonwoo raises his eyebrows. don't tell me he's jealous too.

mingyu reaches his hand out to tug on the other's shirt. he stares at him with sad puppy eyes, "you spend too much time with him these days. give me some attention too."

wonwoo rolls his eyes at the unnecessary jealousy. he ruffles the younger's hair lightly, "don't be jealous of your own best buddy, gyu."

"then give me a kiss?" he peeks his eyes out of the blanket with anticipation.

"no," wonwoo frowns. "go brush your teeth first."

but of course, mingyu won't take no as an answer. he swiftly latches his big hand on the other's wrist and pulls him down to connect their lips in a quick peck.

"hey!" wonwoo pulls away quickly. "i said to brush your teeth first!"

"oh come on, woo. don't act like we've never kissed first thing in the morning before. and we have done much more than just kissing on some mornings," mingyu slyly smirks, receiving a death glare from an embarrassed wonwoo.

aww he's blushing. so cute!

who would not squeal at the sight of a blushing jeon wonwoo? no one can possibly resist that.

mingyu gets off the bed and walks to the bathroom to do as his lovable boyfriend says (after stealing a kiss). though, his mischievous side cannot just go without teasing wonwoo one last time.

"oh, and you taste like coffee. delicious."

he winks before scurrying inside the bathroom before wonwoo throws the game controller that is sitting nicely on the nightstand at his head.

wonwoo's face feels hot. screw him.

it has almost been a week since joshua joins the library instead of his friends during lunch hours. the library is like his only friend and second home now.

if i don't join them today, they will not let it slide. he knows that they will come all the way to the library and drag his ass out.

which is why he is dragging his own two feet to the cafeteria. with heavy weights on his shoulders, he finally reaches the place he doesn't want to enter.

he wants to turn his heels and walk away, but he can't seem to move.

"hyung!"
"jisoo!"

joshua looks up from his shoes to see three boys running over to him. the three stop in front of him with happy smiles. they're glad he showed up.

"why are you guys here?" joshua questions.

"to pick you up, duh," minghao sasses.

"i know, but why? i'm not a kid, you know?"

"you're not, but you were debating if you should ditch us or not, weren't you?" wonwoo says with his arms crossed.

joshua has nothing to say. it's true. so, he avoids the three pair of challenging eyes.

seokmin links arms with the bambi boy and pulls him inside. the other two follow suit.

as they reach the table, joshua realizes how much he had missed them the moment seungkwan's pouty lips bloom into the happiest smile ever. despite the misery of facing jeonghan and seungcheol, he feels guilty for hiding away from his friends with a lie.

seungkwan jumps out of his seat and runs to joshua. he indulges him in a tight hug, "i missed you so much!"

everybody at the table and the three behind joshua stare at the two in awe. it is such a cute sight.

the maknae is also ecstatic to see his hyung again so he walks over and pulls joshua away from the brunet without a warning. seungkwan curses the boy while chan triumphantly smirks.

"sit with me!" chan says happily as he pushes mingyu, who is in the seat next to him, away.

"yah!" mingyu complains with his mouth full.

jihoon smack the back of mingyu's head, "close your mouth! don't talk with food in your mouth. it's gross."

joshua laughs a little at the sight. i really missed them. he makes a mental note to never avoid the guys again. his problem is his own. he shouldn't make his friends worry.

once he takes his seat, soonyoung brings his chair over to be beside the older. joshua turns to look at him, which earns him a cute eye smile. the american manages to let out a laugh again.

he hasn't laughed nor smiled for days.

gosh, the boys are acting like joshua disappeared for years when actually, he didn't join them for just a few days. but that shows how much they love joshua hong.

as joshua is occupied with chan, soonyoung and seungkwan, the three males that fetched him earlier watch him with fondness.

"he laughed! jisoo laughed! twice!" seokmin exclaims to minghao and wonwoo. he is literally bouncing in his seat.

"i know. i saw," minghao giggles.

"happiness suits shua hyung the best," wonwoo smiles, eyes not leaving the said male.

heyy, it's been a while. sorry for the wait. school's been tough, u know? 🥲