15

joshua is typing away on his laptop. his fingers dancing rapidly on the keyboard. his eyes never leaving the screen. his face...well, is blank.

this behavior of his is scaring the hell out of the dumb and dumber duo.

the music club's audition is today. since vernon got sick yesterday, seungkwan felt lonely at school. therefore, he forced soonyoung to join him in the music club room to hang out before the audition starts. however, when seungkwan opened the door, joshua was already there all alone. he was sitting in the middle of room, typing furiously without sparing the two a glance. no matter how calm he seems to be, his blank face screams murder.

do the two boys know why? they know absolutely nothing.

it has been half an hour since they joined joshua at the table. the idea of hanging out flew out the window immediately after seeing joshua, scared they will add fuel to the fire.

repeat: it has been 30 minutes. their hyung has yet to acknowledged them.

"argh!" soonyoung slams his pen on the table. "shua, what's wrong? you're going to break your laptop any minute now! gosh, you're scaring us!"

"shut your mouth." they're not kidding when they say they are about to pee their pants. joshua's glare is the scariest thing they have ever seen. joshua, the gentleman who is always calm and collected, is scaring the shit out of them.

"h-hyung..." seungkwan's voice quivers. "what's wrong? please tell us. maybe we can help you." he sounds like he is begging for mercy.

joshua feels guilty. why am i taking it out on them? they don't know anything. he has been losing his cool too much these days.

"i'm sorry...i'm just in a really bad mood. i didn't mean to take it out on you guys." joshua's gentleness is back. soonyoung and seungkwan wipes their cold sweats away dramatically. "it won't happen again."

"yeah. even your keyboard is crying in pain. i can hear it," seungkwan jokes. when joshua laughs, he mentally celebrates. yes! he laughed!

joshua's laugh is everything.

soonyoung steers onto another topic to make joshua forget about whatever he is angry about. "i heard there's an audition later. can i stay to watch?"

"oh, sorry soonie. only the music club members are allowed to watch. this is so that the auditionees feel a little less anxious," joshua explains and the younger nods in understanding. "don't you have practice today?"

"nope. practice days are changed to monday, tuesday, and friday now." soonyoung is in the dance club with minghao, junhui, chan, and vernon. he is the president of the club.

the dance club holds an audition once a year, while the music club do it twice a year.

"sounds a lot better than four days a week," seungkwan comments.

"i know right? have you guys decided on your practice days yet?"

"yeah, mondays and fridays. we're starting next week," seungkwan answers with a sigh. his head rests on the table.

"how are you and jihoon?" joshua asks. the group doesn't know why they are still not dating. it's obvious that they like each other, but they are like cats and dogs.

hearing the question, soonyoung shakes his head with a sad smile. "same thing everyday. i talk to him, he gets mad, then we fight," he chuckles dryly.

joshua and seungkwan give each other a knowing look. that's right. i'm not the only one struggling in love. stop overreacting, joshua.

for the next 20 minutes or so, the three continue talking about the complicated relationship of soonhoon. advices and comfort here and there.

when the clock hits 5:50 pm, the door flings open. the club president enters with wonwoo, mingyu, and three other members. jihoon frowns when he sees soonyoung.

"why are you here?" he sounds grumpy. very grumpy.

"just to hang out," soonyoung shrugs nonchalantly.

"why?" jihoon presses.

maybe because soonyoung just poured all of his feelings out to joshua and seungkwan and still feel upset about their relationship so soonyoung unconsciously snaps, "what do you mean why? i can't even hang out with my friends or stay in this room now? what are you, my mom?"

no doubt, everybody in the room is taken aback. the whole school knows how clingy soonyoung is to jihoon. they may fight every second but soonyoung is always joking around. he never actually gets mad at the short male, so him snapping just now is shocking.

jihoon is definitely the most surprised person. who knew the man who always puts up with his harsh words and mood swings would suddenly snap at him?

but this time, jihoon didn't even yell and curse at him though. he just asked why, with a frown.

the new couple arrives in few minutes later. they wonder why the weird tension.

"hey, the auditionees are here," seungcheol points at the door. "should i let them in now?"

upon hearing that, seungkwan and soonyoung squeal in unison, getting weird looks from the rest. "okay! i'm leaving, bye guys! joshua hyung!" joshua flinches at the dancer's loud voice. "y-yes?" soonyoung jumps up and down. "have fun!"

next thing they notice, seungkwan and soonyoung wink at each other before the taller zooms out the room.

the club president murmur incoherent words while seungcheol yells after the dancer. "what about us?!" how could soonyoung only wished joshua a "have fun"? choi seungcheol wants attention too.

jeonghan massages his boyfriend's nape to calm him down. joshua looks away.

jeonghan goes to open the door for the students to come in. no one knows why, but boo seungkwan keeps staring at joshua with a smirk. the older is super creeped out.

however, he understands seungkwan's creepy message the moment new faces start swarming in. among the small crowd, there's a familiar face that stands out to joshua.

too familiar. they literally met a few nights ago, and formed a new friendship overnight.

the male is tall and lean. his tan skin makes him look manly. his bright eyes and wide smile that seems to stay on his face 24/7.

the literal definition of sunshine.

lee seokmin goes here?! joshua now has his mouth ajar. he's too surprised to even blink. seokmin didn't tell me though?!

"close your mouth or a fly will fly in," seungkwan whispers with a snort. joshua jolts and shuts his mouth. the younger was across from him a few seconds ago. and when did he get here? ah, boo seungkwan!

seokmin soon notices joshua too. he waves excitedly with a wider smile, if that's even possible. "hi jisoo!" he mouths.

the effect of lee seokmin the sunshine is no joke. joshua finds himself smiling brightly in return and waves back with the same energy. his eyes crinkling, bringing out his cute side.

no one really pays attention to the two, except a certain match-maker who looks so damn proud of the result.

well, except seungkwan, there is one more person.

yoon jeonghan eyes the two that are communicating happily with their eyes. when did joshua make new friends? jeonghan does not know what's up or how his best friend got out of his shell, but he knows for a fact that he is not happy.

ahhhhhh jeonghan finally meets seokmin officially.
seoksoo is honestly so cute, but jihan is my top ship.