24

joshua was the one who drew an invisible line between him and jeonghan. now, it's the opposite.

jeonghan has been avoiding joshua for the past two weeks. he still talks to him, but a bit distance. there's no more skinships or friendly dates.

being an overthinker, joshua is sullened by jeonghan's behavior. that's when he starts thinking a horrifying possibly.

what if he found out? seokmin found out, so it's possible he did too. b-but—

joshua finds it hard to breathe suddenly. he searches his room frantically for his phone. the only thing in his mind at the moment is to call his roommate. once his right thumb hovers over the contact name, he stops.

no, i can't. seokmin is at work right now.

he groans in frustration. throwing his phone on the matress, he grabs his head in panic. "calm down," he tells himself. "calm down."

once he feels his blood slowly running normally again, he opens his eyes. he can think straight now that he is calm and collected.

"that's right. jeonghan has always been oblivious to these romance-related. if not, he would've found out years ago. i'm sure he has another reason," he nods at his theory. "but otherwise, what is the reason for his weird behavior?"

yoon jeonghan not being clingy to joshua hong? that's the same as seeing snow falling in august.

should i text him? call him?

but joshua is hesitant. what should i say if i call him? then, something clicks.

he quickly snatches his phone on the mattress to ring up jeonghan. it takes a little while but thankfully the guy answers.

"..hello?" what's with the hesitation?

"hey, what are you doing?" he anxiously bites his bottom lip.

"i'm cleaning the dorm. what's up?"

"nothing much...just wondering if you wanna meet up? we need to practice for the show. it's next week."

next week performance at yehwa university, their club will be performing five songs. jeonghan and joshua were voted to perform as a duo for one of the club's performances.

"ahh right, i forgot...but what should i do? unfortunately, i can't meet up after school until next week. isn't practicing during club meetings enough though?"

liar. you are clearly avoiding me.

the jeonghan that he knows would never miss an opportunity to hang out with him. the jeonghan that he knows would make up excuses to spend a whole day with him. so why...

even so, joshua has to accept the fact that jeonghan is avoiding him. "oh, okay. that's fine. i'll see you tomorrow then."

"okay, bye."

"bye..."

jeonghan ends the call first. he didn't say joshuji. he didn't the nickname that he has been gatekeeping since day one.

jeonghan was definitely not cleaning the dorm. he gave up five minutes into the cleaning process this morning.

he's lying in bed, thinking about his joshua. no, joshua doesn't belong to him, but he is his best friend so it's fair to say jeonghan can call joshua his.

right?

never in their ten years of friendship had jeonghan ever seen the younger as more than a friend. joshua is his friend, brother, family. but a lover? a potential crush? he has never thought of it.