04

the weekend went by in a flash. just last night, the three best friends were having a great time at joshua's place. yes, jeonghan and seungcheol ended up staying over for the weekend. they wouldn't leave when joshua said he wanted sunday to himself. they stayed in all day and did whatever they were up for.

now, they once again have to go through the pain of attending classes.

seungcheol and jeonghan have some classes together because they both major in chemical engineering. on the other side of campus, joshua is suffering in the lab room.

joshua loves children. since little, he always helped his grandparents with babysitting. as an only child, he was lonely. his parents were always busy with work they didn't realize they had neglected him. joshua spent time with his grandparents and other children most of the time.

because of his attachment to children, he made it his dream to become a pediatrician, which is why he chose biology major.

joshua focuses on his lab experiment, being extra attentive. he lets out a sigh, feeling a bit stressed out.

"that's your eighth time sighing." a low voice speaks right next to his ear. he slightly jumps before glaring at the boy. the guy doesn't look at him though; he is focusing on his own experiment.

"seungkwan, how many times do i have to tell you to stop scaring me like that?" he's a bit annoyed but his voice is still soft.

"oops," the other smiles cheekily. "but what's wrong? you look so tired today."

"everyday is tiring." seungkwan rolls his eyes at the plain reply. "i know that. what i mean is, you look even worse today. what's with those big dark circles under your eyes, hm?"

"i always have them, what do you mean?" seungkwan hisses as a warning for the older to stop beating around the bush. "fine. we played games until past midnight."

"who's 'we'?"

"me, jeonghan, seungcheol." seungkwan rolls his eyes again, earning a chuckle from the older. "of course. it's always them. hyung, why do you never invite the rest of us? we're your friends too!"

joshua raises an eyebrow at the accusation. "you guys can come sleep over too. you just have to let me know."

"you sure?" seungkwan blinks his eyes with a pout. boo seungkwan is cute and he himself knows that.

"yes," joshua laughs. "now get back to work. we don't want to be on professor lee's blacklist, do we?"

"ugh, i hate him."

[chan is hannie's]

vernon:
guys, i got us a table
hurry up

seungkwan:
WAIT
STUPID LAB ENDS IN 5 MINS

chan:
why are u so loud

seungkwan:
shut up kid

jun:
oh no
u can't talk to the baby like that

chan:
😑
i'm not even gonna argue with y'all about
it anymore

jeonghan:
as you should~
chan, who's baby are you?

chan:
omg hyung stoppp

jeonghan:
hurry hurry
1 2 3

chan:
jeonghan hyung's baby

jeonghan:
that's more like it 😙

chan:
ugh i hate you so much

seungcheol:
haha
han, leave the poor boy alone

seungkwan:
stop acting like a hero, hyung
it doesn't suit u

vernon:
seungkwan

seungkwan:
fine :(

mingyu:
wow, what an obedient boyfriend

minghao:
wow, what an obedient pet

seungkwan:
HEY

joshua:
hey guys
we're on our way

vernon:
okay hyung
turn right and you'll see us right away

jun:
hao and i will skip
we're going on a lunch date 😉

minghao:
says who

jun:
but babe 🥺

seungkwan:
ew disgusting gross
and NO
YOU TWO BETTER COME
WE HAVENT SEEN EACH OTHER IN A LONG
TIME

chan:
i saw ur ugly face this morning wdym

seungkwan:
ur existence is not important

wonwoo:
are soonyoung and jihoon there yet?

vernon:
yep they're here
soonyoung got jihoon mad again lmao

seungcheol:
how can they fight on a daily basis?
i'm surprised

soonyoung:
how can you and jeonghan flirt on a daily basis
but still aren't dating yet?
i'm surprised

seungcheol:
dude, what?
we don't flirt??

jihoon:
sure, say that to a wall
maybe it will believe you

jeonghan:
secret ;)

seungcheol:
jeonghan what—

not wanting to read the conversation any further, joshua quickly shuts his phone off. he knows where the conversation will lead to. they will openly flirt through text, and joshua doesn't want to see that.

he walks to the cafeteria with seungkwan as they talk about what they want to eat. when they arrive, the younger immediately goes to his boyfriend. joshua sees an empty seat next to jeonghan and is about to go there when seungcheol sits on it with a tray of food.

"shua, what are you doing? sit down." the oldest in the group said. he pats the seat next to him.

joshua is about to approach the oldest when he sees an empty one right in front of him. it's the farthest away from the two. i don't want to watch them getting lost in their own world.

he points at the chair in front of him. "i'll sit here. it's the closest." seungcheol shrugs with a nod.

"where's the chinese couple?" the male who is stuffing his mouth asks. vernon, sitting next to him, wipes the corner of his boyfriend's mouth.

wonwoo answers while dino eyes verkwan with disgust. "they're coming. jun said they have something to do first."

"i swear if they are fu—"

another episode of seungkwan being a loud mouth and vernon shutting him up.