38

"you're the dumbest person i have ever met," seungcheol pins every word as he points his finger at the depressed guy sitting in front of him.

jeonghan is holding his head, as if it's about to burst. how could he say we're not dating? after all that we've done?! never has the guy been so lost. this shock literally blew his mind.

"choi seungcheol."

"what?" seungcheol spits with an attitude.

jeonghan looks up, tragically. "is asking out that important? why is that so important? i don't know why he is taking it so seriously. we both confessed that we're crazy for each other and that we can't live without each other. we've been doing everything that couples do—!"

ew, what the fuck? tmi. seungcheol wants to punch that angelic face.

the older rolls his eyes. "what do you think? of course it's important to officially ask him out. listen here, buddy. when you buy something, you need to pay properly for it to be yours. relationship is the same, but of course, it's so much more than just a paid item."

the other pouts, "really?"

"really," seungcheol nods, sighing. it's like i'm speaking to a child. what does shua see in this guy? i could never.

jeonghan nods like a child who has been enlightened. it's okay. we can start over. even if this whole time, joshuji never considered us as lovers, it's not like things are over. we're just getting started.

he looks up and blinks at his roommate, giving him a knowing look.

in front of him, seungcheol is clueless and a little creeped out. what the— why is he staring at me like that? freak. "w-what?"

jeonghan raises his eyebrows. "what's the plan?"

"for what?"

it takes the guy a few seconds to realize what jeonghan is demanding. scoffing at the loss of words for his best friend. at this point, he is just considering me his slave or something.

"so," jeonghan ushers. he's in a rush.

when is he not? when it comes to joshua hong.

"what should i do?"

it's past midnight, and jeonghan is sleeping soundly inside the room. seungcheol, on the other hand, cannot be peaceful like his roomie.

currently, he is busy wracking his brain out on a big project due next week. because jeonghan is a really light sleeper and seungcheol tends to stay up late on most nights, his study desk is set up in the living room. since the project was assigned yesterday, he couldn't come up with any good ideas.

he groans in exhaustion. oh fuck, my back— he winces as he straightens his back. his hand holds onto the painful spot. great. i'm dealing with horrible back pain yet still no decent idea popping up.

tired, he decides to turn to his phone for a short break. but then a few messages from a certain someone makes his heart tightens and his stomach churns for no reason.

____

[ chan ]

chan:
hey hyung
idk if ur still awake
i just wanna ask u for a favor
11:47

seungcheol:
oh hey
what's up?
1:03

chan:
damn
why r u still awake 👁️