16

jeonghan is grumpy.

throughout the audition and after, he couldn't stop gazing at joshua and his newly found friend, whom jeonghan has no idea of.

well, he was actually glaring, but jeonghan liked to believe he wasn't.

the new guy, lee seokmin, is a great singer. his vocal range is really amazing. he got accepted into the club immediately. no one can deny his talent. he even had a vocal battle with seungkwan after the audition. now, there are two main vocalists.

not only is seokmin a great singer; he is also a great person—so bright and all smiley. there is nothing to dislike about the sunshine. jeonghan sees that. yet, he somehow cannot bring himself to fully like the new member.

jealous? jeonhan is not. why would he? he doesn't like joshua romantically. they are best friends.

best. friends.

jeonghan knows the reason for the cause of this weird feeling he is experiencing. he is upset because joshua did not tell him about seokmin. joshua may be quiet and reserved, but he does not keep secrets from jeonghan. they promised each other back in grade school that they will tell each other every little thing, and they have lived up to it until now.

well, jeonghan didn't tell joshua about him dating seungcheol right away, but that's different. however, joshua seems like he doesn't plan on telling jeonghan about seokmin at all.

wow. i feel betrayed. what the fuck. jeonghan glares at the his dorm's dull white wall.

joshua and jeonghan's conversation didn't go well yesterday, and joshua got mad. the older wanted to buy him dinner after the audition as an apology, but things didn't go as planned. his best friend was busy laughing with the new guy, and jeonghan's mood was dampened so he grumpily left with seungcheol.

he got mad at me yesterday because i kept silent about my relationship with seungcheol for a few days. hah, shouldn't i be the one to get mad?

"argh!" he ruffles his hair in annoyance.

however, jeonghan cannot get mad at his beloved best friend.

[joshuji <3]

jeonghan:
hey...
what are you doing?

joshua:
studying

jeonghan:
oh, sorry
continue then

joshua:
it's okay
what's up?

jeonghan:
nothing...i'm just bored
and i miss u ☹️
we haven't talked at all today

joshua:
oh, sorry about that
i was busy with schoolwork, the audition and
all

jeonghan:
i know, it's fine!
so..are we not going to talk about yesterday?

joshua:
...
we can't ignore it huh?

jeonghan:
yeah

joshua:
fine, but let's talk about it tomorrow
i'm free for lunch. you?

jeonghan:
yeah! i know a really good place!
i just found it recently
let's go together!

joshua:
alright
btw, u can bring cheol if u want
just in case...you know
it's abt him as well, anyway

jeonghan:
shua, although we're dating, nothing has
changed. really

joshua:
oh

jeonghan:
yeah lol
i'll let him know that we'll be going out tmr!
he won't mind, trust me

joshua:
ok then
see u tmr :) good night

jeonghan:
good nightttt <3

jeonghan happily shuts off his phone. he tugs himself in bed with an uncontrollable smile. seongcheol, who is fresh out of the shower, chuckles at the younger's mood swing.

"i guess you made up with shua?" seungcheol sits on jeonghan's bed. jeonghan opens an eye to look at him, "how did you know?"

"you two are obvious. i know you two too well to miss your unusual behaviors," he winks. jeonghan rolls his eyes playfully. "whatever it is, i hope you guys make up soon. i don't like seeing my two best friends fight."

jeonghan cutely nods, earning another chuckle from the other. seungcheol leans down to kiss jeonghan's forehead. jeonghan closes his eyes at the action, his grin grows bigger.

"good night, han." jeonghan smiles at the older's gentleness. "good night, cheolie."

they both are not comfortable with kissing on the lips yet. they only do forehead kisses, cuddles and hold hands. those actions are normal in the whole group, so it's nothing new. they tried kissing each other on the cheek a few days ago, and they find it okay. however, kissing on the lips is a no-go.

not yet. both agreed that that action makes them uncomfortable. maybe later on, though they don't know how long this relationship will last.

after all, only their label changed. nothing else did.

a short chapter!