27

the jeongcheol couple should have broken up by now.

but they are still together.

which is why seungcheol decides that he is going to bring it up when jeonghan finishes showering.

five minutes later, the bathroom door opens, revealing a fresh jeonghan. he looks down on the floor as he dries his hair roughly with a grey towel. his body is dressed in a simple oversized white t-shirt and pink shorts.

"cheol, your turn." jeonghan doesn't wait to hear a reply. he goes straight to the couch to resume his study.

he has been studying and doing his schoolwork in the living room because the room feels suffocating.

he thought the older is already in the bathroom but blinks in confusion when he sees seungcheol sitting beside him, staring at him.

jeonghan frowns, "what?"

"we need to talk."

"okay...?" the younger trails off. "go on, i'm listening."

"when are we going to break up?" seungcheol goes straight to the point.

"why would we do that?" jeonghan looks away. he tries to avoid the topic by writing nonsense in his notebook.

"jeonghan, what?" is he planning on continuing with this? is he crazy?! seungcheol's eyes go wide like an owl. "we need to break up! you love joshua!"

"of course i love joshua. he is my best friend since we were twelve."

"look at me and say that again," the older commands with a deep voice. he is dead serious.

jeonghan sighs in annoyance before throwing his pen and notebook to the side. this time, he has no choice but to look seungcheol in the eyes.

"jeonghan, admit it. you love joshua. not as a friend or a brother—but romantically. your feelings for him are not platonic." jeonghan may look like he is unaffected, but his orbs are shaking. "and don't even try deny it. i will beat you up, you idiot."

as far as jeonghan knows, he never once told the other that joshua has been clouding his mind for the past month or so. how the hell did he find out? "is this about the kiss? okay, i know. we both hated it. but is it that bad to end our relationship? we can just not kiss anymore!"

"yoon jeonghan!" seungcheol yells in frustration. "stop trying to drag this stupid dating shit longer than it should be. you are being a coward! you realized your feelings for joshua for a while now. we both know the truth! you started this whole thing because you were unsure about your sexuality, and now you know that you are gay. you also know that the two of us will never see each other as more than friends, so why the heck are you being so difficult for?!"

"if i can fall in love with joshua after a decade of just seeing him as a best friend and a brother, then why can't i fall for you too?! it's possible!"

jeonghan really lost it.

seungcheol grabs his head and groans in frustration. might as well just fucking spill everything out for him to see how fucking dumb and oblivious he is.

he stands up, towering over the upset angel. both of them are kind of heated up.

"fine, you really want me to spell it out for you? then let me do it," the older crosses his arms. "do you really think you just started developing feelings for joshua now?"

jeonghan glares up at him, "what do you mean?"

"you are smart, jeonghan. i can't believe you are so stupid when it comes to your own happiness."