Part 11: Second Choice

Nunew stepped out of Nat's car. Nat turned off the car engine first then got out. He looked at his friend. Nunew looked sad. His face did not show any smile. He wanted to ask earlier in the car but Nunew just slept the whole way.

Last night Nat was also surprised because Nunew called him to come meet him at Zee's condo. Something might be happened last night at Zee's condo. It's impossible for Zee to let Nunew went home by himself.

Nat: Nunew ...
Nunew: Yes, Nat ?
Nat: Did you have your breakfast yet ?
Nunew: No ... I woke up late this morning so I didn't managed to have a breakfast.
Nat: Then, let's go have a breakfast first at the cafe. The meeting will be in an hour. We still have time.
Nunew: Yeah, sure.

Nunew and Nat then walked towards the main campus. That's where the cafe is. After a few minutes of walking, they finally arrived at the cafe.
Nat: Usual cafe ?
Nunew: Yeah, you know me ... Nat.
Nat: Well, I'm your friend naaa ...

Without waiting any longer, the two of them then walked towards a cafe in the middle. The cafe provides many types of food and noodles. Fortunately, only a few customers came because today is the weekend. It is often difficult to find a seat on weekdays.

They both sat down and ordered their food. Less than 10 minutes later, their breakfast food had arrived and was on the table. Without wasting time they both immediately enjoyed their breakfast.

Nat: Nunew ....
Nunew: Yes, Nat ?
Nat: Are you okay ?
Nunew: Hmmm ?
Nat: You are a little bit different today ... you look sad. Is something bad happened ?
Nunew: Err ... I'm okay, Nat ... I mean ... maybe I'm tired ?
Nat: Nunew ... you don't know how to lie ...

Nunew drink his coffee. Then, he clear his throat while looking at Nat.
Nunew: Er ....
Nat: Just say it, Nunew.
Nunew: Last night ... Hia's ex-girlfriend came to his condo ...
Nat: ....
Nunew: ... and she came into the bedroom ...
Nat: What ? Really ?
Nunew: Yes ... I don't know how she came but she literally know his condo's password. 
Nat: Of course she is, Nunew. They are couple before this ... 

Nunew sighed.

Nat: Aow ... I'm sorry, Nunew. I ...
Nunew: No need to say sorry. It was true that they are couple before this.
Nat: By the way, why did she came to his condo ?
Nunew: She said she have something to talk with Hia ... but it was too late ... I mean 1 am ?
Nat: 1 am ?! Are you sure she just want to talk with Zee ? She just can wait until the morning comes, right ?
Nunew: Nah ... I don't know. After I saw her, I go back home right away. That's why I called you last night to pick me up.
Nat: Did Zee said anything ?
Nunew: He stopped me from leaving but I insisted on going back.
Nat: You went back and ... his ex-girlfriend is still there ?
Nunew: Yes, Nat. After I went back, I didn't know what happened. It just between the both of them. I'm just the third person between them.
Nat: Nunew, don't said that. 

Nunew looked at Nat and said, "I'm just his second choice, Nat."

Nunew drank his coffee and looked at Nat. He smiled sweetly at his friend.
Nunew: Are you done, Nat ?
Nat: Yeah.
Nunew: Let's go. I'm afraid that other people waiting for us.
Nat: Let's go ! Sir Fah will mad at us. He's not normal by the way.
Nunew: Nat ! (While hit Nat's shoulder)
Nat: I'm talking about the fact, Nunew.
Nunew: I know but this is not good naaa ... talking bad about him.

Nat just laugh when he heard Nunew's word. Without waiting any longer, the two of them then walked away from the cafe. They both walked towards the lecture hall which was not far from there. They will attend a meeting with other semester 5 students. They don't know what meeting was held, but they were all required to come.