Part 32: One Step Closer ...

Zee stepped closer to Nunew and reached Nunew's right hand. He gripped Nunew's hand tightly while looking at Kay and his friend. Zee's face looked very angry. In fact, he heard all the conversations and words that Kay said about Nunew earlier. He knew Kay was provoking Nunew in silence.
Zee: Kay ...

Kay who was bowing his head then answered. He didn't dare to make eye contact with Zee.
Kay: Yes, sir ?
Zee: Head's up please. I always said to all of my workers that you must head's up and look into my eyes when talking with me or other people. You are my workers, right ?
Kay: So ... sorry, sir.

Kay started to lift her head and look into Zee's eyes.

Zee: Kay, you are the secretary of the management department, right?
Kay: Yes, sir.
Zee: From now on, you will be fired.
Kay: What ?!

Everyone who was there was startled as soon as they heard Zee's words. Nunew was also surprised and let go of their hands but Zee caught his hands faster.
Nunew: Hia ... what are you doing ? (While whispering)
Zee: I know what I'm doing, Nhu. 

Kay approached Zee and looked at her. She was shocked when she was suddenly fired by Zee. He felt ashamed because many looked at them at that time.
Kay: What do you mean, sir ? Why did you fired me ?
Zee: I already heard all of the words that came out from your mouth. 
Kay: What ?
Zee: All the things that you said to Nunew.
Kay: Hah ? Just because of that, you fired me ? Sir, are you kidding me ? You are not professional at all. How can you fired me just because he's your boyfriend ?
Zee: You are the one who was not professional, Kay.
Kay: What do you mean, sir ?

Zee let go of Nunew's hand and stepped towards Kay. He looked into Kay's eyes.
Zee: Let me ask you. What is the rules of our company ?
Kay: Er ... I need to state all of the rules, sir ?
Zee: Yes, Kay.
Kay: Err ... we ... er ...

Zee began to look at the situation around him. He observed the faces of each of his workers who were there. Then, he looked at Kay again.
Zee: Rules number 1 .... My employees must have confidence when working and doing tasks. Like what I said, you must heads up and look at me while talking ... but you always avoid my eye contact ... when you are presenting, you keep looking at the outside ... no eye-contact with me or the other wokers. Number 2 ... must be dress well and yes, I accept that you have a high fashion sense. Rules number 3 ... NO BULLIES ... means that, I forbid my workers to order other people to do your work ... 
Kay: I never bully other workers, sir.
Zee: Are you sure ?
Kay: ...
Zee: Do you think I'm stupid ? I'm the one who own this building and I know that all over this place have CCTV. So, you can't lie to me. You bullied other people to do your work. Other people need to stay up late at night while you are enjoying your beer at the bar. 

Zee looked into Kay's eyes and said, "One of them is Nunew, my boyfriend."

Zee: He's one of the victim. He may not tell me but I knew because of the CCTV. Do you think I'm stupid ?
Kay: Sir .. this is not what you saw. (Kay start to nervous)
Zee: Just now ... you said that he became an interns here because he's my boyfriend ? Yes, I took him as an intern here because he's my boyfriend but at least he did all of his work perfectly. He did that by himself. 
Kay: Look, this is not fair sir. He didn't join any interview to enter this company ?
Zee: Who said that ? Do you think I didn't have any criteria to look out ?
Kay: ....

Zee looked at his workers.
Zee: Please pay attention, everyone. Me as the CEO of this company know how to handle this company and I didn't accept anyone who doesn't have the criteria I want. I did interview him and he had all the criteria. I let him sent his resume too. So, where is the unfair part ? 

All the workers started shaking their heads when they heard his words.
Zee: Don't you ever forget that he's the reason why our net sale for our new collection increase. He's the model and many model agency contact me to ask him to become their model. 

Zee look into Kay's eyes and said, "My boyfriend is better than you, Kay."

Kay lowered her head. She is embarrassed after Zee says all her mistakes in front of all the employees. She didn't think that Zee was watching her all these time.

Zee: Kay, you are fired. Please leave and never come back.
Kay: Sir, please give me second chance. I promise I will do better and change my attitude.
Zee: You didn't worth my second chance, Kay.
Kay: Sir, please ...

Kay started kneeling under the floor. She pleads with Zee not to fire her.
Kay: Sir, please give me chance to fix myself.
Zee: Please leave, Kay. I didn't accept this kind of workers in my company.

Nunew approached Zee and looked at Zee's face.
Nunew: Hia ... give her a second chance naa ...
Zee: You told me to give her second chance after what she did to you all these time ?
Nunew: Hia ... she said she will change herself, right ?
Zee: I'm sorry, Nhu. I can't follow what you said. She's too much.

Zee looked at Kay's face who was kneeling on the floor.
Zee: Please send me your resignation letter before 4 pm. Thank you for all your hard works and good luck for your new journey.

Without wasting time, Zee then stepped away from the area. He also pulled Nunew's right hand to come with him. Kay looked at Nunew with a feeling of revenge. Without waiting any longer, he then ran towards Nunew and he then roughly pulled Nunew's right shoulder. Nunew fell on the floor. Zee who saw the incident then looked at Nunew's face and helped Nunew to wake up.
Kay: Stupid ! You are the reason why boss fired me !

All the workers were shocked to see Zee slapping Kay's face hard in front of all the workers. Kay then touched her slapped right cheek. Zee looked at her.
Zee: How dare you touch him ?

Zee looked at his workers and said, "Please listen, everyone. I don't care if you call me selfish or unfair but ... one step closer towards my boyfriend, I will make you guys suffer. Don't tell me that I didn't remind you. So, please. "

Author's note: How was this part ? Did you guys enjoy it ? If yes, then don't forget to vote and leave a comment too !!! Thank you !!!