Chapter 21

Surprise!!!! 🤭 I know I said the update will be in November. But i couldn't stop myself. And please don't expect me to post the next chapter. Cause I don't know if I'll be able to post it .

Don't forget to vote , comment and follow.

AISHANI

"So I guess the i taste like peach  lipstick is ready to get released into the market !?" I question the senior chemist and also the most lovely person in the room.Sulochana Ahluwalia, the lady in mid 50s who has been wonderful at her job.

"Yes Mrs.Raichand, as you said last time, we had prepared few samples of red with different shades. And they are yet to be tested for 24hrs long lasting. They will be ready before your opening in Paris".

"Okay !! Also make sure to make it in both matte and glossy finish and i would like to take one of the red shade for checking myself" i spoke as she began to show me the different shades of red.

"Sure. You can take whatever you want" Mrs. Ahluwalia spoke. I picked out a shade that caught my eye. I muttered a small thank you. She and i were talking when she handed me her phone saying it was my mum. Why would she call me when she practically hates me?!

Without wasting a second I took the phone from Stacy and started speaking with her. She called because there is a function that happens our side after the marriage. It's for a newly wedded bride called "padhaharu rojula panduga" ( this ritual is done after the 16 days of marriage In this the husband or elder family member does this ritual. . A few black or golden beads are slipped between the two 'plates' of the Maṅgaḷasūtraṃ, so that they do not clash with each other.)

Also she told me to get my clothes for a week stay !!! I had this sudden urge to scream happily and dance when i heard her say. Finally, I'm gonna spend time with my maa. I was happy internally, but didn't shown it to the outside. After spending some more time check-in and verifying about the new products that we are about to launch, I went back to company and started checking my mails and had my lunch.

It was night when Rudransh came to pick me up to my surprise. The last time he came here was when he offered me to marry him. While he was driving he asked why I was so happy. Was I being that obvious?!

"You are aisha. Your eyes are depicting happiness and excitement" he spoke in his monotonous tone.

"Maa called me" as soon as I said this his knuckles became white as his grip on steering became tight. The eyes that were soft till now became hard. His gaze turned cold. As if he is gonna kill anyone who's gonna come in front of his car right now.

"Pehle sunn toh lo"( hear me out first)  when i didn't got any response or saw any movement i continued. "There's this ritual we do. It's done after 16 days of marriage. In this the turmeric thread that you tied around my neck will be replaced by gold chain with black beads. And for this you need to come with me tomorrow. Your gonna come right?!" I asked him, to which i didn't got any reply in return.

He stopped the car suddenly. I frowned and looked outside to see where we were. We were outside The Taj Mahal palace. We went inside and was lead to our table by one of the staff. So that means rudransh already reserved a table for us. I didn't wanted to spoil his mood further. So I decided not to bring the topic of my mom for now. Soon the staff came to take our order. I ordered a pizza calabrese and he ordered a herb and lime rubbed salmon. It wasn't our first time coming here. We were here many times. With our squad and family members or some business delegates. But as husband and wife?! It's our first time.

"So how was your day?!" I asked to ease the atmosphere that surrounded us.

"It was good" i heard his response. How do I make him talk?! I know he talks less. But him being cold to me is not sitting well with me. When did this new feeling even started? I pushed my thoughts aside and took in his appearance. His neatly trimmed beard, the black turtle neck tshirt neatly tucked in his pants and his blazer that was resting on his broad shoulders, the oceany calm yet stormy eyes gazing at nothing in particular. Lastly, his expensive cologne hitting my nostrils.