Chapter 25

Please vote and comment. 🤧

AISHANI

"I know we all went to study abroad. But the only difference we had was... You guys didn't needed money for a living. Even though you and manhar were into business that time, you guys didn't paid for your own bills. But when maa decided to send me a abroad for further studies, she paid money. But only for my studies and books."

Because maa decided that i should pay on my own for my living so that I'll know how to save money. I'm not saying that you guys don't know how to save money. It's just maa wanted me to be independent.To make me understand how everyone lives.

"And how does this get related to your ex?" I heard him question.

"Wait.Itna bhi kya jaldi hai ?!" I said.

"I started working in a restaurant.My university was good.It was just hash and me.We used to take walks.That guy grew infront of my eyes.No one tried to mess with me until this Caleb came.He was such an ass you know.I don't know what made him like me.Like, i would just attend classes and would go back to my job and then to home.But that guy really tried though.But he wasn't my type" i chuckled.

"Why didn't i know you had a type in men?!" Rudra asked his eyebrows slightly furrowing.

"Because i choose not to say".

"What happened next?!" He asked as if he was so bored and is waiting for me to complete the story as fast as possible.

"This is actually a secret you know. My pay was good.I used to work as part time chef.And one day I met sister Francessa. My university used to fund the orphanage that was ran by her.People used to donate.And I wanted to too.But in secret. So one day i talked to her.She agreed.And that's how, once a week i used to go to orphanage taking hash along with me and used to bring the kids things that were useful to them.

Maa was unaware of this.It's not like, she won't allow me to donate. Infact she will be the first one to think about other's needs.But I just wanted to keep it to myself. I didn't wanted anyone to know that I donated them.

Jab koi acha kaam karoge toh uske dikhawa karna and all, I don't like it" I said gazing at the moon infront of us while rudra was playing with my hair.

"The visits to orphanage became frequent.Hash and i made so many friends there.We used to play, eat and sleep with them.Sister Francesca treated me like her daughter.She introduced me to him.My soon to be boyfriend" I said with a smile on my face,while I felt rudra's hold on me getting slightly tight.

As if hash knew who I was talking about, he came and sprawled over my lap.

"He was lean,tall and he had grey eyes and had a British accent.When sister Francesca told me that we go to the same University.And that time i thought he was following me.But when she added that he started donating even before I came here, I stopped doubting him.Whenever I saw him, he used to have a camera with him. The small one.Everytime we interacted we just used to smile at each other and say hi and bye.But i knew he secretly used to capture me, hash or kids and i started liking him.He is the first man I've ever laid my eyes on.He was kind,calm and irresistible"

"And that made me ask Sister about him. May be she observed us.May be, she kinda knew that we started liking each other.So when I asked her about him, she just smiled at me and gave me the information she know.That's when I got to know, that he mostly works and studies less due to his family's financial situation. And that made no difference to me.She said that he works at 2 part time jobs and Sunday is the only day he'll be free. But even on that day, he comes here just for the kids".

"He always had a smile on his face. Despite the tiredness that his eyes used to show, I never saw his smile fade.I didn't know when hash started liking him.Hash also became his fan.And I observed him in the university too.Our streams were different. So were our classes. Sometimes when i used to go to observe him, Caleb used to follow me.I didn't give a shit about him though" I said feeling proud.