Chapter 28

Target : 40 votes.

Aishani entered the room and searched for rudra. She checked in balcony too. Lastly, she checked in the closet. There he was. Sitting in a corner with his head down.

"Rudra... What happened? Why are you sitting like this?!" aishu asked. She didn't get any reply from him.

"Ansh talk to me. Is there anything bothering you?!" She asked seeing him sweat even though the AC of the closet was on giving her shivers.

"Leave me alone" he said not raising his head.

"Ansh, okay! You don't want to talk. But at least have dinner. Come down" aishani stated.

"CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND? I TOLD YOU TO LEAVE ME ALONE RIGHT?" he shouted looking into her eyes. His bluish eyes were filled with tears. It pained aishu to see him in this state. She nodded her head and went out of the closet.

She felt helpless. She didn't know what to do to reduce his pain. It was hurting her and she knows it. She started to dial the only number, who knows him more than everyone. Or so she thought.

"Pick up . Pick up please" aishu walked back and forth waiting for vachi to pick up the call.

"Did ansh told you anything about..."

"About what aishu? Is everything okay between you and him? Did he say-"

"He.. h..he... Suddenly he just got up and went away. And when I came.. i found him sitting in the closet with his head down. So did this happen before? Do you have any idea about it?"

"No. He didn't ever behave like that. Maybe he must've gotten angry. And aishu remember this okay? When he gets angry don't get near him. He can be an animal"Vachi said. Aishu ended the call realising that even vachi doesn't know about this. Even though she told her not to go near him, she wanted to. Just when she was about to open the closet's door, the door was opened harshly which made her flinch.

He was standing there looking like a Hulk in anger. Even though she stood right in front of him, he was staring behind her.   Because he knows if he looks at her then she will be the prey. And she doesn't deserve it.

"MOVE!!!!" Even though he tried to say it normally his voice came out more deeper than usual and hoarse. Her insides shook looking at his bloodshot eyes and ignoring everything she heard from vachi, she moved forward and embraced him in a tight hug. His hands didn't move to hug her back though.

"Bas ek hi baar bolungi Rudransh. Sun lo. Agar life mein kabhi bhi Aisa laga ki koi tumhara sath nahi dega, toh mujhe yaad karna. Agar iss Dil ko kabhi kuch hua aur ye dhadakna bandh karega, phir bhi yeh dil sirf aur sirf tumhare liye khoshish karegi. Sirf tumhare sath khade rehne ke liye. Sirf tumhe batana ke liye ki 'ye humesha tumhare sath hai' she said tightly hugging him with her whole strength making sure that he doesn't push her away.

The voices that always haunted him suddenly seemed to stop as if they knew about his wife. And so, he didn't waste a second and hugged her back with equal strength or maybe more. Even though she felt like he was crushing her, she didn't mind as long as it gave comfort to him.

They stood there hugging each other to God knows how many minutes or hours. He detached himself from her and took her to the bed making her sit on it. And just like how he used to sleep in his mother's lap whenever something bothered him, he slept in his wife's lap staring into black wall.

7 years aishani always wondered why one of her best friends became so silent. The one who always took her in his team because manhar, Hridev, keshavi never agreed as they knew she always gets caught whenever they played games. He  didn't take her in his team anymore. Even though everyone of them tried to talk to him, he never used to utter a word. He always stuck to vachi. Aishu wondered if he didn't like her or others except vachi. But turns out that was never the case.