Chapter 23

Sorry for not updating when I said that I'll give a double update last week. I had to attend a function with my family. 😔

Do vote and comment.

AISHANI

As rudra and I entered the living room, nivan started running towards us who was swooped up by rudra. Though it's been a day since everything happened, mom didn't questioned me when I said that I might come back before a week. She must've thought that rudra and i weren't able to stay away from each other. I heard nivan calling me,before I could take him from rudra, he started waking fast with nivu in his arms. I started following them.I entered the room and saw that nivan was on the verge of crying.I immediately took him from rudra and started talking to him. Nivan and I played. My little boy slept eventually and rudra, I guess he went to study room.I was too tired to even do anything.So I decided to take my makeup off and take a nap for a while.

I took my makeup off and changed into my night outfit and joined with nivan on bed to take a nap.Though it was just 7:30pm i can wake up and have my dinner at 9:00pm.Just as I was about to close my eyes,I heard someone knock. Without giving much thoughts I got up and opened the door.I saw Siya and Tara di.But their expressions soon changed. Siya had disbelief written all over her face. While Tara di was just.. angry? Why?Did I do something wrong?

"Kya hua?! Aap log aise kyu dekh rahe ho?" I asked being confused.

"Siya,apne kamre mein jao" I heard Tara di say.

"But di, kyu?! Kya hua?!" before I can say something more, I saw Siya walking away. Tara di immediately dragged me and took me to the balcony. I guess she wants to talk and nivan is sleeping on bed. So it would disturb him.

"Actually I came here to take nivan and it's been so long since we had a chat and siya also missed you" Tara di said.

"Ohh. I'm sorry, I know you must've been worried about nivan.Actually he slept when I was playing with him. I'm sorry-"

"Do you really think of me as your sister aishu?" I heard Tara di ask.

"Yes.But why are you asking something like this" i asked not sure of why she is asking me like this.

"Then you better say who did this to you?!" She spoke pointing at my lip.My eyes widened. I removed make up. How could I be so reluctant?!

"I'm waiting aishu. I hope it's not rudra" she spoke with worry written all over her face.

"No way di, he can't do something like this" cause he can directly push me to have panic attack. Oh how I wished to say that. I saw di waiting for my answe. I took a deep breath and said "it was my maa.She is still upset about what I did to vachi. That's it. When I went there, she just... She just slapped me and this was the result" I spoke pointing at my busted lip.I was immediately taken into a hug.Hugging her made me remember of those times I spent with vachi and keshavi.They used to hug me to ease my stress whenever they saw me being stressed about office.

"Thank you so much di,I really needed it" I said and broke the hug.

"What about rudra?Did he said anything about it? The Raichand males aren't the types to sit back when it comes to their family.And when it comes to their women they won't even spare" Tara di spoke as her eyes become moist and red due to anger and pain.How should I say this to you? This marriage is nothing and is just for papers! Wait .. it's not even for papers. It's for vachi. To protect her.Even if it meant destroying other's life. And I'm not the women in his life. It's vachi.

"Uhh...I just told not to react for now. You know everyone needs time. And I know, maa needs time too.May be not today, but one day she'll forgive me?!" I spoke slightly smiling ignoring the tears flowing down my eyes.