3: Hesitations

While lying in bed, y/n still had thoughts about her interaction with Luka that was unforgettable. She tossed and turned in bed for a while looking at her phone, hesitant on whether she should call or text Luka first after getting his number. While almost falling asleep, y/n's phone vibrated which woke her up instantly. When she saw the contact, she sat up in bed and answered the call.

"Hey, I hope it's not too late to call." Luka on the other line started.

"Totally not, my sister and I have our own rooms so I'm not afraid of Marinette eavesdropping." Y/n replied as Luka chuckled. "By the way, I've never seen you in my school before, what school are you from?" Y/n asked.

"I'm from a boys' only school so the only girls I've ever interacted with are you, your sister, your friends, my sister and my mom mostly. And a few relatives who are girls too." Luka replied.

"Oh, I see. Marinette is head over heels for the fashion model Adrien Agreste who attends the same school and is in the same class as us." Y/n explained.

"Yeah, Marinette told me about it. She still hasn't told him how she feels yet I assume?" Luka asked.

"Well, you know Marinette. When she's around Adrien her words get messed up and things get super awkward between them." Y/n replied as Luka chuckled.

"What's it like to be in a boys' only school?" Y/n asked.

"Loads of rough and weird moments. Boys being boys would start fights for no reason and a lot of the boys are dirty-minded too." Luka explained.

"Gee, sometimes boys can be weird." Y/n commented. "Not you of course, you're really chill and innocent." She continued.

"What's it like to be in a mixed school?" Luka asked.

"Drama, loads of them, especially for people in a relationship. Oh, and there is a lot of PDA, public display of affection in the hallways." Y/n replied.

"Do these couples not get caught?" Luka asked.

"The youngest ones in the school who are like 13-year-olds do, the teachers don't really care about the seniors who are like 16, 17-year-olds, as long as we don't go too far to be extra intimate if you know what I mean." Y/n replied.

"I get it but that's crazy, 13-year-olds date in your school?"

"Yes, really crazy. A lot of my juniors rant about their love life to me and some of them are only 13 or 14."

"So, I guess you're their therapist when it comes to the love department?"

"Yeah, kinda." Y/n replied.

"We do, every year we go to the same girls only school but this year we might be heading to this mixed school called Françoise Dupont High." Luka replied.

"Oh, no way, I study there. We should totally go as friends." Y/n said.

"We totally should." Luka agreed.

"This question might be a little personal but have you ever been in love before?" Y/n asked. "Actually, why am I asking this, I shouldn't butt into your private life." She regretted asking the question moments later.

"It's fine but I was in love once, with your sister. It didn't really work out because I know her heart still belongs to Adrien so we ended things but still remained buddies till today." Luka explained.

"So, you've only dated one person which is my sister?" Y/n asked.

"Basically. But during the end of year dance every year, the same girl would ask me to be her date but she moved back to New York last year in December and we never contacted again." Luka explained.

"That's a bummer, bet you had feelings for her." Y/n said.

"I did, but it was mutual because she saw me as a big brother and I didn't want one confession to ruin our friendship." Luka explained. "I remembered she was kind of like you, she loves to play the electric guitar and she sings." He continued. "What about you, have you ever been in love?" Luka asked.

"Me? Well, I'm not really crushing on anyone right now. I find most or all of the boys in my school like buddies you know. Finding the right guy for me is hard cause honestly like what all my friends tell me, I have high standards for men." Y/n explained, even though deep in her heart she knows she has a crush on Luka the first time they made eye contact.

"Woah, I see finding the right person for you is gonna be a challenge. But you know I'm here when you need me." Luka said.

"Always. But I've been thinking of lowering my standards for men a little." Y/n said as both of them fell silent for a while.

"Do you happen to be... busy this weekend?" Luka asked.

"Asking me out already? I see where this is going." Y/n teased. "Jokes aside, I am free this weekend, what's up?" She asked.

"I was thinking we head out for lunch." Luka suggested.

"That sounds great." Y/n agreed. "But, just to be clear this isn't a date, right?" She reconfirmed. Luka chuckled on the other line and replied, "Totally not. I'll swing by your house this Saturday at 11?"

"See you on Saturday then." Y/n confirmed.

"See you then, you should get some sleep, we've been talking since 10 and now it's almost midnight." Luka said.

"Yeah, you too. I really wish it was the weekend right now so I can sleep later and wake up later. We'll talk again tomorrow?" Y/n asked.

"We will, goodnight y/n."

"Night Luka." Y/n wished as she hung up.

"Oh my gosh, I can't believe he asked me out." Y/n squealed softly to herself as she placed her phone on the dresser next to her, got comfortable in bed and slowly fell asleep.  

Word count: 971