38: Christmas morning

Christmas finally came as y/n woke up early to make her parents' traditional Christmas cookies. Ever since y/n took up home economics as a subject in school the previous year, her parents decided to give her the recipe to make their traditional Christmas cookies they always made for Marinette and y/n as kids. Still in her pyjamas, y/n headed to the kitchen to start making the cookies.

"Making our annual Cheng family Christmas cookies?" Marinette asked, coming into the kitchen.

"Yeah, want to help out?" Y/n asked.

"How could I say no helping out with making cookies?" Marinette agreed as the two sisters got to work making the cookie dough and cutting them out into different shapes before baking them. While waiting for the cookies to bake, the sisters made different colour icings to decorate the cookies. The fresh, sweet, baked smell of the cookies woke both Luka and Adrien moments later as they opened the door and enjoyed the smell.

"Is that?" Adrien started.

"Cookies?" Luka finished what Adrien was going to say. Both guys exited their girlfriends' rooms and followed the scent to the kitchen. The guys watched the Cheng sisters taking out the cookies and decorating them with icing.

"I thought it was your parents making cookies at first." Luka started as the girls looked up.

"Well, I guess you were wrong honey." Y/n smiled.

"Every year our parents make these cookies on Christmas." Marinette explained.

"But since I take home economics in school, mom and dad handed me the recipe and I could make them every year on Christmas. With the help of Marinette occasionally." Y/n added. After decorating the last cookie, the guys swarmed in to savour it but was quickly stopped by the twins.

"Woah, woah, woah you two, calm down, we need a picture of these for Instagram first." Y/n took out her phone and took a few pictures. Marinette did the same as the boys patiently waited. After getting the signal they were able to take one, both guys took one cookie and tried it.

"So, how is it?" Y/n asked.

"It's the best one I've ever tasted I feel like I'm going to explode!" Adrien exclaimed.

"Calm down babe, we haven't tried one yet." Marinette took one cookie and split it with her sister before eating it.

"This is good y/n, but maybe since you're the holder of the recipe you can change it a little to maybe-"

"Red velvet cookies." Both y/n and Marinette replied as they chuckled.

"Yes, I'll put that on my list next year." Y/n say.

"The twin tuition you girls have is insane, you two think of the same things." Luka commented.

"What can I say, we are twins after all." Marinette placed her arm around her sister and pulled her close.

"Morning everyone." Sabine greeted as everyone greeted back.

"Mom, y/n's cookies are the best." Marinette held out the plate of cookies and offered her mom one.

"You already got the hang of the recipe my dear." Sabine smiled as she took one cookie and ate it. Her eyes lit up and commented, "It tastes like how your father and I made it."

"We were thinking of changing the recipe to red velvet next year." Y/n suggested.

"I think that would be great." Sabine smiled. Tom came down shortly after as he tried one of the cookies y/n made.

"These are delicious!" Tom commented. "Oh, and girls, I have something for you two." He continued as he went up to get the gift for the twins. When he came down, both girls groaned as they knew what was coming. Every year, their parents would dress them up in Santa dresses for the first part day on Christmas and it was always their dad who would get them the dresses. Obviously, as kids, the twins enjoyed it until they became teenagers. They also made a deal with their parents when they were 10 that they won't have to wear them anymore when they turn 18.