30: Spooky season

Halloween chapter!!

Ever since the twins were young, Halloween was one of their favourite holidays after Christmas and Chinese New Year where they went to Shanghai every year to visit their relatives in China. As kids, both of them would wear matching costumes and go trick-a-treating in the neighbourhood, including going to the Halloween fair where there were special performances, workshops and treats to enjoy. This year however was a little different for the two teenage twins since they were old enough to give candy out to the children in the neighbourhood. Instead of receiving candy, they were giving out candy. Y/n being someone who loves to cook made some Halloween treats for her family and friends as well.

"Trick-or-treat!" Two children in costumes knocked on the door as the twins opened the door and commented on their costumes.

"Aww, your costumes are adorable." Y/n commented as she placed a few pieces of candy into their jack-o-lantern before running off to their next house. This year, y/n was dressed as a pirate while Marinette was dressed as Spiderman. Instead of having her hair up in two ponytails, Marinette decided to let her hair down for that day. The twins also asked their boyfriends to match with them and they agreed.

"What time are heading to meet everyone at the Halloween fair to meet everyone else?" Marinette asked.

"8pm, there's a performance at 8.15 so we should head over earlier." Y/n replied.

"Sometimes I miss those times where we would wear matching costumes on Halloween." Marinette sighed.

"Let's not forget about our matching Halloween pjs we wear every night on Halloween every year." Y/n winked.

"Oh right, our new set just came in last week." Marinette's face lit up.

"Yeah, and we can enjoy punch we made." Y/n added. "While watching a horror movie." She continued.

"Ooh, you know I don't do horror movies, right?" Marinette became hesitant about the idea of horror movie.

"It'll be alright, you have Adrien this year. And you said he loves horror movies, doesn't he. You can hide behind him if you're scared." Y/n insisted.

"Alright then, horror movie with the guys tonight then." Marinette agreed.

"Hey girls, I think there's more kids who want candy." Adrien opened the door with Luka behind him. Y/n immediately went back to giving out candy for the kids.

"Hey guys, want to try these cupcakes y/n made? It's a chocolate cupcake with strawberry jam filling in it." Marinette offered the tray of cupcakes to the guys. They took a bite and insisted Marinette kept some for the others.

"There's more than enough in the kitchen for the gang, we'll bring them over later." Marinette pointed to the kitchen.

"And that's all the candy we have this year." Y/n announced, closing the door with an empty bowl in her hand.

"Great, and there's still some time till we meet everyone else so we should head to that Halloween fair." Marinette suggested as everyone agreed.

~

"Aww, aren't you guys the cutest, wearing matching costumes." Alya commented.

"You and Nino look cute too." Marinette commented. Alya and Nino went as Mavis and Johnny from Hotel Transylvania, Mylene and Ivan went as Victor and Emily from The Corpse Bride while Juleka, Rose, Zoe and Alix went as fairies. Even though Alix was more of a tomboy, she still had a girly girl side when she was a kid and has always wanted to go as a fairy so she picked this year to go as one when Rose suggested the four of them went as fairies.