16: Sick day

End March...

"Alright y/n, remember to take your medicine as stated on label. Your father and I have to go to work now so get as much rest as you can. I've asked Marinette to buy lunch for you after school by the way so you don't have to worry about lunch." Y/n's mom started. Y/n just came back from the doctor with her parents when her forehead felt extremely warm in the morning. Currently, Marinette was at school and her parents had to go out to work.

"Get well soon my dear, call us if you need anything." Y/n's mom wished.

"Will do, bye mom, bye dad." Y/n bid goodbye to her parents in a hoarse voice as she continued watching Netflix on the television while resting on the couch.

*-*

"Guys, should we all pay y/n a visit?" Alya asked the group once school ended.

"Sure, but I have to buy her lunch first, if you guys don't mind." Marinette replied.

"We could all go with you." Alya insisted.

"I wish I could but I'm going out with Ivan today, send my well wishes to y/n will you?" Mylene explained. Marinette nodded as Mylene left.

"I have something on too so I have to go, but send my well wishes to y/n too." Alix added as she left the group.

"Dupain Cheng, there you are." Chloe called Marinette.

"My name is Marinette Chloe, what do you-"

"Whatever, do you mind passing this to your sister? I heard she's sick today so I decided to give her a little something. Send my well wishes to her and don't even think about throwing it away, I spent a fortune on this for y/n." Chloe bragged, shoving the gift into Marinette's hands, a branded crossbody bag.

"Thanks?" Marinette hesitantly thanked, she knew she couldn't throw away such an expensive bag. "Well, let's go now." She continued as the girls went to the nearest mall for Marinette to buy lunch for her and her sister who was at home. When Marinette reached home, she noticed her twin was on the couch covered in a blanket resting with the television still on.

"Gee, why is the A/C so low in here?" Alya asked.

"My sister is running a fever and I guess she turned on the A/C and turned down the temperature because she's feeling warm." Marinette replied as she put down her things and went over to her sister to wake her up.

"Hey, you feeling better?" Marinette asked. Y/n coughed as she replied, "Can't you tell from my voice."

"I bought some chicken noodle soup for you." Marinette told her sister.

"I'm not hungry, I'll eat later." Y/n replied as she continued watching whatever programme was playing.

"Don't watch too much of your drama either y/n, you're going to spoil your eyes and you could get a headache." Zoe told y/n.

"Yeah, you should rest more y/n." Rose added.

"Thanks girls but I'll be alright." Y/n smiled as she coughed a few times.

"By the way, Chloe has a gift for you. And she asked me to relay her well wishes, along with Mylene and Alix." Marinette say, passing y/n the bag.

"A get well soon gift by her? I guess I'll thank her for it. Besides, I can't say no to this branded bag." Y/n admired the expensive bag.

"Get well soon y/n, I have to go now." Juleka wished.

"I have to go too." Alya added.

"Me too, feel better y/n!" Rose exclaimed as the three girls got up to leave.