14: An unexpected incident

Towards the end of February...

Although y/n and Marinette were in the same class, their school had a system where students were free to choose whatever combination they wanted for science, humanities and a subject that is hands-on in their third year in school. Y/n took triple science which consisted of Chemistry, Biology and Physics while Marinette chose to do a combination of Chemistry and Biology. Both sisters decided to take pure Geography but their extra hands-on subject was different. Y/n took up home economics where students were taught how to cook and the science behind different reactions in cooking while Marinette took up fashion designing where she had to design something based on the theme they were given. Currently, the sisters were having science lessons where they went to different classrooms.

"See you at lunch y/n." Marinette bid her sister goodbye.

"See you." Y/n smiled as she entered the auditorium, thinking everything is normal. Meters away from the auditorium at the entrance, a man dressed in complete black carrying a black bag entered the school. Despite having security guards at the entrance to stop him, they were shot down by the man. Kicking the victims aside, he entered the school premises. The receptionist in her office caught sight of the suspicious man as she sounded off the lockdown alarm and announced through the public announcement (PA) system.

"Attention staff and students, a suspicious man dressed in black holding a gun has entered the school premises. For your own safety, please stay in your classrooms and lock all the doors. If you're not in your classroom, find another room and-"

"Hands up!" The man yelled as he barged into the receptionist's office. The woman complied as she had her hands up, trying to stay calm despite the gun being inches away from her chest.

"Stay here and do not think about calling the police." The man warned as he left her office before hunting down anyone he sees.

*-*

"Hands up!" Y/n heard the shooter in the office through the PA system as everyone started panicking and getting nervous about the situation.

"Okay everyone, calm down, someone lock the door and block it so that the shooter does not come in. A round of gunshot echoes were heard from outside as the students quickly utilised anything in the auditorium that could secure the door. Screams and cries of students could be heard as some of the students started feeling bad for the students who didn't have the time to hide.

"Everyone good? Don't worry, stay away from the door, stay low and silence your phones." The teacher instructed as the students complied. Since the shooter was not near the auditorium, the teacher quickly dialled 911 while the students were trying not to panic.

"Y/n, what are we going to do, I'm not going to die today." Y/n's desk mate and lab partner Kaylee whispered to her.

"Don't worry, we'll be fine if we just lay low and not panic." Y/n comforted. Suddenly, the door handle started moving vigorously as the furniture vibrated. Loud bangs trying to kick the door down could be heard as everyone panicked even more. Soon after, the sounds went away as everyone heaved a sigh of relief even though more cries and screams could be heard from outside. Moments later, another knock was heard.

"Police Nationale, anyone in there?" A police officer asked.

"Stay down everyone, I'll go check." The teacher instructed as everyone warned her to be careful. The teacher took down the furniture with the help with some of the boys in the class, unlocked the door and checked who it was.

"It's alright Ma'am, the shooter has been caught already, all of you are in safe hands right now." The police officer comforted.

"Alright everyone, shooter's down, let's evacuate the auditorium now. Make sure to bring all of your things along too." The teacher called her students as everyone got out of the auditorium to a dreadful sight. Blood was smeared all over the locker doors, pools of blood were spilling out of the deceased and many bodies of the students and staff were spread out through the halls. Other groups of students were also escorted out by police officers while paramedics were attending the injured. When y/n's science class was out of the school, y/n looked around for her friends worriedly, especially her sister.