37: Finally reunited

When Marinette saw y/n, the two sisters embraced and reunited for a while before executing y/n's plan on surprising everyone.

"Alright sis, what is the plan now?" Marinette asked.

"I'll have to sneak into my room without anyone seeing me to put down all my things." Y/n replied.

"I got that covered." Marinette replied as she and y/n entered the house. Everyone was currently in the living room talking and no one looking at their direction. In a flash, y/n ran up to her room before anyone saw her and placed down her things. She took off her coat and ran to the hallway where Marinette and Zoe had the box prepared.

"I missed you y/n." Zoe hugged y/n when she saw her.

"I missed you too. Where'd you find this box?" Y/n asked.

"Dad had a lot of extra boxes from a delivery and I asked to borrow a few for some fashion things." Marinette replied. Y/n squeezed into the decorated box and told Marinette and Zoe to go back to the dinner.

"When do we call Luka here?" Marinette asked.

"Before the dinner starts. Just say something like 'Oh, Luka, y/n left a present for you.' You know what I mean, don't you?" Y/n replied as both girls nodded.

"Oh, there you two are. Gather around everyone, time for a feast." Sabine announced.

"Wait, before we eat, Luka, y/n left a present for you." Marinette interrupted.

"Me? Where is it?" Luka asked.

"Follow me." Marinette winked at Zoe, signalling Zoe to start recording. As Marinette led Luka to the hallway, the box y/n was in was seen.

"Open it." Marinette insisted as Luka slowly opened the box.

"Surprise!" Y/n sprung out of the box as everyone got a fright but relieved after seeing y/n as they started to cheer. Y/n crawled out of the box from the hole at the back of box and wrapped her arms around Luka who was already tearing up.

"Merry early Christmas babe, you have no idea how much I missed you." Y/n whispered into Luka's ear, causing him to hug her even tighter.

"I didn't know you were coming back today." Luka spoke.

"Well, that's why there is a thing called surprises." Y/n pinched Luka's cheek. "What's for dinner?" She asked.

"Come and see them for yourself, if you didn't come back today all these would have been gone." Sabine replied, gesturing to the spread of food, including a few of y/n's childhood favourites.

"Have a seat y/n." Luka pulled out a chair for y/n as everyone sat down at the table and took what they wanted.

"How was it in Shanghai y/n? Colder than Paris?" Adrien asked.

"It was like aircon temperature in November but when December came, the temperatures drop. But I have to say Paris is even colder than Shanghai in December." Y/n replied as everyone laughed.

"How bout a dance duet after dinner." Zoe whispered to y/n.

"You just read my mind girl." Y/n replied. "But shouldn't we not eat too much too?" She asked.

"Oh, right. That's fine, we'll dance to one song first then have round 2." Zoe shrugged as she continued eating her small portion of food she took. When y/n and Zoe were done with their first round of food, they went to the television to pick a song.

"Do you know IVE's newest release baddie?" Zoe asked.

"Yes, I was learning that back in Shanghai." Y/n replied.

"Okay, baddie by IVE it is." Zoe selected a performance video as Zoe and y/n started dancing while everyone else watched them. When the two girls finished dancing, everyone clapped for them but their performance was not done yet.

"How bout some K-pop Christmas songs now?" Zoe suggested.

"You just read my mind." Y/n replied as she searched for a K-pop Christmas song to play. As the video played, everyone started vibing to the song while enjoying their dinner.

~

Once dinner was done, everyone else went back except for Luka and Adrien. Y/n went up to her room with Luka behind her to unpack when she noticed another bag leaning against her collection of K-pop albums.

"Babe, is that yours?" Y/n asked, pointing at the bag as he nodded.

"Did you not know?" Luka asked.

"Know what?" Y/n questioned.

"I'm staying here for the night." Luka smiled. Y/n's eyes widened open as she squealed and pounced onto Luka, saying, "This going to be the best night ever!"

"Wait but if I didn't actually come back today then why would you be here to sleep over?" Y/n asked.

"I mean I would climb through your window and sleep in it before leaving the next morning." Luka replied.

"You'd do that?" Y/n asked as Luka nodded.

"I got us something matching by the way." Luka changed the topic as he took out a pyjama set for y/n which was a shirt that says 'his queen' and red checkered pants.

"Aww babe, you didn't have to." Y/n flashed her puppy eyes at Luka.

"It's alright, I have one too." Luka showed y/n his pyjama set which was exactly the same as y/n except that the shirt says 'her king'. Once both of them changed into their pyjamas, y/n started to unpack her luggage with a little bit of help from Luka.

"I really want to play something on my guitar right now but that's going to wake everyone up in the neighbourhood." Y/n sighed.

"How bout a movie night in this chilly weather." Luka suggested. Y/n's eyes lit up as she shoved all her nicely packed clothes into her closet, put away her luggage and slipped right into bed with her laptop.

"Yes, it's freezing outside." Y/n replied. "So, what movie do you want to watch?" She asked.

"I know, how bout 'The nightmare before Christmas' my fav since I was a kid." Luka suggested.

"Ooh, it's been a while since I watched that, alright!" Y/n agreed as she searched for the movie on Netflix before she snuggled next to Luka and watched the movie. Halfway through the movie, y/n fell asleep due to the jetlag she got after being on an 11-hour flight from Shanghai back to Paris. Luka paused the movie and shut down y/n's laptop before getting out of bed to put the laptop on her table. Luka got back into bed and continued to cuddle y/n close to him after not seeing her for 5 weeks.

"I missed you so much my queen, I'm glad you' re back." Luka muttered as he slowly fell asleep. 

Word count: 1091

My Christmas playlist will be in the next chapter>>

Songs included here: 

Funky glitter Christmas- NMIXX

Beautiful Christmas- Red velvet x Aespa

Last Christmas- Huh Yunjin 

Matching pjs: