23: Mutual friendship

1 week after the twins' birthday

"You know I still have no idea if Chloe is bluffing us about this party." Marinette started.

"I mean she did send out an invitation to all of us so I guess not? Besides, the main reason why we're going is because our other friends got invited too and we're hanging out with them only, not with Chloe." Y/n explained.

"I guess you can say that. Ow, that hurts." Marinette winced after y/n accidentally brushed her tangled ends too hard.

"Sorry, I just thought that both of us could have matching hairstyles for this. We never do matching hairstyles anymore after our kids phase." Y/n apologized.

The twins' matching hairstyles: 

 "It's good that you're doing it now a week after we turn 16

"It's good that you're doing it now a week after we turn 16." Marinette smiled. "You know, I don't even know if you're the older twin now, you do everything for me, do my hair for parties, do my make-up, give me advice and the list goes on." She continued.

"Let's just say I'm the younger sister who gives advice. And your hair is done." Y/n tied a ribbon at the end of Marinette's hair as Marinette gazed herself in the mirror.

"Wow, I definitely need to learn more hairstyles other than putting my hair into pigtails or in a ponytail." Marinette say.

"I can teach you some next time, now it's time for your makeup." Y/n took out her makeup supplies and started helping her sister with her makeup. After the girls were done primming themselves, Tom insisted he sent the girls to the hotel where the party was held at.

"Enjoy yourselves girls, call me when you're done." Tom dropped off his daughters when he pulled up at the hotel entrance. When the twins entered the hotel, they were greeted by a few butlers who took them to the ballroom where the party was held at.

"Girls, you look absolutely stunning." Alya commented. "I'm loving your hairs too, I assume y/n did all this?" She asked.

"Yeah, she's a natural when it comes to makeup and hairstyling." Marinette nudged her sister.

"You should be a makeup artist in the future y/n." Rose commented.

"I mean I am considering to be one but learning about animal biology is still my main target." Y/n explained.

"Okay, enough life talk, let's go enjoy ourselves!" Alix exclaimed as the girls went over to the buffet to get their dinner.

"Y/nnnnn, I'm so glad you came." Chloe wrapped her arms around y/n, causing the cup in her hand to jerk towards Chloe, splashing punch onto her face. Everyone was stunned by the movement as they started to worry about Chloe yelling at y/n.

"Chloe, I am so sorry." Y/n apologized, cleaning Chloe's face with a few napkins. Chloe was silent for a while but she held her anger and replied, "No, no y/n, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have hugged you when you were carrying a cup with punch."

"I-I can make it up for you." Y/n insisted as she dragged Chloe to Chloe's room while everyone continued with the party.

"Oh gosh, I hope y/n is alright." Marinette started to worry.

"Don't worry Marinette, I'm sure y/n actually didn't mean it." Adrien reassured as Marinette blushed at the comment.

*-*

Once the girls reached Chloe's room, y/n helped Chloe remove her makeup and re-did her makeup in a different way. When y/n was done with Chloe's makeup, Chloe gazed at her reflection and commented, "Wow, it looks even better than my usual make-up, thanks."

"No problem, now to find another dress for you, is it alright if I look through your closet?" Y/n asked.

"Yeah, yeah, go ahead." Chloe replied as y/n went through Chloe's huge closet while Chloe took a few selfies with her new makeup look.

"Aha, how bout this dress?" Y/n asked, holding out a strapless checkered yellow and black dress.

"Y/n, you're a genius, I have not worn that dress in like forever." Chloe immediately took the dress and changed out of her soaked dress. When Chloe has changed out of her previous dress, she gazed at herself and pulled y/n in for a few selfies.

"Y/n Shuchun Cheng, you are officially my new best friend." Chloe announced.

'Oh no, her best friend? What about my friends and my sister, she's going to make their lives living hell, especially Zoe and Marinette.' Y/n thought.

"Chloe, I. You know how your half-sister and my sister are close with me, right?" Y/n started.

"I am very much aware of that." Chloe replied.

"If they knew that I'm hanging out with you, they'll be upset." Y/n explained. "Is it alright if we keep our friendship mutual?" She asked. Chloe pulled y/n into a hug, saying, "I've got your back y/n, shoot all the hate towards me when they're around, you know I won't get upset at you."

"Thank you Chloe, let's head back to the party now." Y/n insisted as she and Chloe headed back to the party. Y/n thought about the consoling hug thinking something was not right. She has read a lot of stories on mean girls backstabbing their friends, would it happen to her too? When y/n's friends caught sight of her friends, they immediately went up to y/n while Chloe acted like nothing happened.

"So, what was it like with Chloe?" Alya asked. Y/n knew she couldn't expose Chloe's kind side to her friends so she replied, "Meh, not too bad I guess."

"Yeah, Chloe's never going to change." Marinette crossed her arms. Y/n of course felt guilty for bluntly replying about Chloe like that but she had to in front of her friends and her sister. A moment later, the hype music turned into a slow dance music as the duos started pairing up with each other and slow dancing with each other.

"Go on Marinette, go ask Adrien to dance with you." Alya nudged her best friend.

"Me? Now?" Marinette asked.

"Just go already." Alya pushed Marinette as the clumsy girl stumbled into Adrien's back. 

Word count: 1001