22: Cheng sisters' sweet sixteen

"Marinette, wake up, it's finally our birthday!" Y/n pounced on her sister who was still asleep.

"Y/n, why are you up so early, it's a Sunday." Marinette groaned, pulling the covers over herself.

"But it's our birthday, c'mon lazy bum, get up!" Y/n whined, pulling the covers off Marinette.

"Morning my sweet sixteen princesses, we have a fun day planned for you guys." Tom came into Marinette's room to greet the girls.

"Where are we going today dad?" Y/n asked.

"Your mother got tickets to go go-karting." Tom replied. Y/n's eyes lit up when she heard the words 'go-karting', it was her first time going go-karting and she has always wanted to go for it.

"No way, thanks mom." Y/n ran up to her mom to hug her. The family got ready to have a whole day of fun for the Cheng sisters. Little did the sisters know was that their friends were at a hotel the parents booked for one night to set-up for their birthdays.

*-*

"Alright guys, we have till 5pm to decorate this room, operation sweet sixteen is a go." Alya started as everyone entered the room and started decorating. Marinette and y/n's parents were part of the plan where they brought the girls out for a whole day and come back in the evening for a small birthday party at the hotel room.

The night before, Tom and Sabine asked the two sisters to pack some clothes in return the sisters asked why but lied saying that they were staying at having a sleepover at their grandmother's place. Without thinking much of the situation, the girls packed some clothes and left their luggages near their room doors. Early in the morning of the girls' birthday, the parents placed the luggages in the boot of the car.

Meanwhile, Zoe's parents were willing to book a room for the family and paid for their breakfast too. Since the party was going to be rather small, the guest list was short too with y/n and Marinette's friend group, a few guys from their class, Luka and the girls' grandparents.

Marinette and y/n had fun at go-karting and their parents brought them on a ride on the Ferris Wheel at Place de la Concorde which was an attraction the sisters have not been on for a long time since they were both little. They were spoiled with lunch and a lot of gifts, Marinette was mainly supplies for fashion designing while y/n was clothes, the newest K-pop albums and makeup supplies. Once the day was coming to end, the family decided to go to the girls' birthday surprise.

*-*

"Great job guys, this place looks amazing." Alya commented after almost 4 hours of work. Her phone vibrated as she got a text from Sabine. "And just nice the Cheng family is on their way." Alya announced.

"The guys are here already, I'll go down and get them." Alix say as Alya passed her the keycard before leaving. A while later, Alix came back up with a few guys who were invited.

"Dudes, this is awesome. Did you set up the DJ booth?" Nino asked.

"Over there Nino." Alya pointed as Nino immediately went over to play some music.

"Presents go there, two separate piles for the twins." Alya directed as the guests place their presents in the respective piles for the twins.

"Oh, the twins' grandparents are here too, someone has to go down and get them." Alya say, looking at the most recent message from Sabine.

"I got it." Alix volunteered again as she grabbed the keycard and headed down once again.

*-*

"Girls, we need you two to put on these blindfolds now." Tom passed the girls a piece of cloth as they looked up in confusion.