10: Will you be my date to the Valentine's Day dance?

One day before the Valentine's Day dance...

"What are we doing here exactly?" Y/n asked as both Luka and y/n were standing outside the ice-skating rink which indicates it is closed.

"Shh, follow me." Luka replied as he sneaked into the ice-skating rink by an unauthorized door.

"Luka, are you crazy, you could go to jail." Y/n whisper yelled.

"Just trust me." Luka calmly said as y/n snuck into the ice rink with him.

"You must be the lucky girl Luka is taking out." A woman in her late thirties started.

"Thank you for letting me rent this whole place to me and my friend here." Luka thanked. "She's my aunt by the way, she works here and is the manager." He whispered to y/n.

"Oh, yeah, thank you." Y/n smiled.

"Aww, aren't you the sweetest little angel I've seen. But you do look kind of familiar." Luka's aunt commented.

"Oh, I'm aware. Luka used to date this girl called Marinette who looks like me and is actually my older sister, we're twins." Y/n explained.

"Right, right, I remembered now. Gee, you sure look like your sister but your style is quite different from her." Luka's aunt commented. "Well, no more questions to ask, go enjoy yourself honey." She continued as she let Luka and y/n into the rink. Not a single person was in the rink except for the two of them and their aunt.

"Luka, I didn't tell you this but I actually can't ice skate." Y/n started.

"Oh, you could have told me that you didn't want to-"

"Who says I didn't want to learn though." Y/n interrupted. After putting on their skates, they proceeded to enter the rink when y/n noticed something about the rink.

"What's the special occasion today, there's a big sign in the middle of a rose petaled heart frame that says welcome and there are fake candles lit up on the sides. Is there a proposal going on and we're earlier than a soon to be wedded couple?" Y/n questioned.

"I guess so, shall we start now?" Luka asked, holding out a hand. Y/n felt her cheeks flash red, the blush on her cheeks blending in with the redness of her face as she held onto Luka's hand for the first time and stepped onto the ice.

"Woah, for someone who has never ice skated before I'm surprised your legs aren't wobbly." Luka commented as y/n laughed.

"You really thought I didn't know how to ice skate Couffaine, I started skating since I was at least 7 or 8." Y/n boasted. "You can't catch me." She smirked as she skated in front of Luka.

"Oh, so this is how you want to play." Luka smirked as he started skating and trying to catch y/n. After chasing each other for two rounds, Luka finally caught y/n as they both chuckled.

"I thought I was going to give someone ice skating lessons today." Luka started, catching his breath after skating for two rounds without stopping.

"Well, you were wrong then." Y/n smirked. The hype of the pop song that played throughout the rink slowly ended as a calming love song started playing. Luka stretched out a hand and said, "Follow me." Y/n grabbed it as Luka skated to the rose petaled heart frame.

"What are you doing, isn't that for a soon to be wedded couple?" Y/n pointed. Luka didn't say anything as he skated into the heart frame. He then bent down to pick up the huge sign that said welcome and flipped it which said 'I know we're just friends but...'

"Not just friends but best friends." Y/n corrected. Luka placed the first sign down which revealed another sign that said 'I have something to ask you.' Y/n's heart raced faster as many questions filled her mind. 'Is he confessing already?' 'Isn't it a little too early?' 'We barely know each other.' Luka flipped the sign that simply said two words, 'Will you'

"The rose is for you by the way." Luka smiled, pointing at the rose taped on the board of the two words. Y/n took the rose and thanked while admiring it.

"What is this about?" Y/n asked as the lights in the rink dimmed, leaving the fake candles illuminating the dark. Luka revealed the last sign which had two options and the question appeared. 'Will you be my date to the Valentine's Day dance? Yes or Yes' Y/n laughed at the two options and exclaimed, "Yes Luka, heck yeah I will!" Y/n went up to Luka and wrapped her arms around him. Luka put down the huge sign and hugged her back.

'His hug makes me feel safe and the smell of his cologne is satisfying. I could stay like this for the whole day.' Y/n thought.

'The smell of her sweet perfume she wears and her reaction was priceless. I cannot wait to see her in the dress she'll pick for tomorrow.' Luka thought.

"By the way I'll be performing two times so keep a lookout for me tomorrow." Y/n winked. "Should we go now? I'm starving." She continued.

"Sure, but I have to clean all these up." Luka replied.

"Oh, don't worry about it you two, I'll clean it. You two go enjoy a romantic lunch right now." Luka's aunt called from a far as the two left the rink.

"It's sad that we still have lessons in the day before the dance at night." Y/n sulked.

"I only have half day of lessons tomorrow. After school, we go home and get ready and get back to school so that a bus can cater all of us to your school." Luka explained.

"Lucky." Y/n sighed. "But we will be having fun tomorrow." She continued.

"We definitely will." Luka smiled.

"I seriously can't wait for tomorrow even though it is my last one." Y/n repeated.

"That's the third time already y/n." Luka chuckled, making y/n chuckle too. 

Word count: 989 

Also I don't have an image of the sign but try to imagine it