26: Jealousy and overthinking

Mid-August

Time passes by quickly and by then, it was already August. Y/n decided to stay at home and study for her last prelim paper which was coming up soon. After studying for almost 2 hours straight, y/n decided to take a break and scrolled through her phone.

"Y/n, did you know Luka has a childhood best friend from New York. Looks like she's in Paris right now." Marinette came up to her sister to show her the photo. Y/n looked up and saw Luka's recent Instagram post with another girl.

"Childhood best friend, he's never told me he had one." Y/n say, taking Marinette's phone, zooming in on the picture. "She is really pretty I'm not gonna lie, and she looks at least 2 years older than us." Y/n commented, feeling a pang of jealousy in her mind.

"Hey, I'm sure they are just friends." Marinette insisted as y/n handed the phone back to her sister. She then tried to call Luka but he wasn't answering. Growing impatient by each decline, y/n threw her phone aside and growled, "This idiot isn't picking up!"

"Hey, calm down. It's not like you and him are actually-"

"We are dating." Y/n finally confessed. Marinette stood stunned for a while but her shocked expression turned into a congratulatory expression.

"I knew it, I just knew it." Marinette squealed. "About that problem, why don't we take a stroll to our getaway place." She insisted. Y/n agreed as the two sisters headed to the nearest Starbucks to have a drink.

"When did you two start dating?" Marinette asked.

"In April, the night he took me to dinner at the bistro Aunt Kathy and after dinner, he took me to the beach where everything happened." Y/n explained.

"Awww, that's the sweetest, why didn't you tell me earlier?" Marinette asked.

"I was afraid it was too early, only his friends knew we were a thing at that time." Y/n replied. At the corner, she noticed two more people enter Starbucks and one of them looked familiar to her.

"It's Luka, and he's with his 'childhood best friend'." Y/n pointed out. Marinette turned to see the two ordering and said, "They seem to be really close."

"Let's go." Y/n stood up and grabbed Marinette's hand, exiting the café.

"He told me he was busy studying but now he's out with another girl who looks 2 years older than us? What a liar." Y/n scoffed.

"Y/n, I think you're hallucinating. Luka isn't someone who would cheat on their loved ones. Besides, she probably just got here and he's giving her a tour so she can get used to this place." Marinette comforted.

"You won't know that Marinette, what if he is. That's it, I'm muting our chat for the whole day, we'll see if he actually still cares about me within the next few hours." Y/n whipped out her phone and muted the chat between her and Luka.

"How bout you bunk with me tonight." Marinette placed an arm around her younger sister as she agreed.

~

Night fell as y/n was lying in Marinette's bed still wide awake. Y/n was looking through the chat between her and Luka and noticed that he tried to call her loads of times. Frustrated at the fact that Luka was spending more time with his best friend than her, y/n got out of bed, grabbed her house keys and left the house. The strong winds at night blew against y/n's petite body, causing her to shiver a little but that didn't stop y/n from finding somewhere to have a meltdown. Droplets of rain started hitting the ground as y/n finally let out all her tears of jealousy, anger and sadness. Sitting at the side of the pavement, y/n buried her face in between as she continued sobbing.