18: Home alone

1 month later...

Luka and y/n have been dating for a month and everything has been going well. Keeping a secret relationship with Luka was hard for y/n as Marinette and her friends would tease her a lot about Luka which makes her blush even harder than usual. The two would meet for lunch after school once a week at most and would go out to study during the weekend.

One weekend in the middle of May, y/n's parents had to leave for an event and would only be back in the evening while Marinette was going to hang out with her friends for the whole day which leaves y/n with no plans since she woke up late that weekend.

"We'll be back in the evening y/n, don't get too bored." Sabine started.

"If you're heading out leave a note." Tom added.

"Oh, and do you mind getting some groceries on the fridge?" Sabine added.

"Will do mom, see you guys later." Y/n say as her parents left. After lazing on the couch for a while, y/n got up and went to the fridge to see what groceries is needed. She then went up to her room to change into a longer pair of shorts, grabbed her wallet and keys before leaving the house. Upon reaching the supermarket, y/n got a basket and started looking for the necessary groceries.

"One more thing I need is canned tomato sauce." Y/n muttered as she searched for the can of tomato sauce. It didn't take her long to find the canned good section however the brand that her parents always use was on a shelf that was not made for her height. Putting down the basket she was holding, y/n stood on her toes to reach for the sauce but failed. She stretched up a second time and was not successful again. A larger hand grabbed onto the sauce as a voice started, "Is this the brand you're looking for?"

Y/n nodded and instantly recognized his voice as she turned to see Luka placing the sauce in her basket.

"Hey, I didn't know you were here." Y/n started.

"My mom asked me to get some groceries, my parents are out of the house since morning and Juleka went out with her friends." Luka explained.

"Same, my parents left in the afternoon and Marinette was hanging out with her friends so I'm being left at home all alone with no plans." Y/n explained.

"Looks like you and I are dealing with the same thing today." Luka say.

"I was going to go home and cook lunch, want to come over?" Y/n asked. "Since no one is at home." She added.

"You just read my mind my love." Luka replied as the two went to pay for their groceries before heading back to y/n's house.

"What do you feel like eating?" Y/n asked as the two entered her house.

"Anything you're craving. Whatever you make, I'll eat it." Luka replied as he sat on the couch and turned on the television while y/n got started on cooking. A while later, y/n made some pasta and some chicken wings for her and Luka to share. As y/n took the dishes to the living room, Luka commented, "Smells good already."

"Great, we'll see if anything is undercooked." Y/n smiled as Luka took the first bite. His eyes lit up and commented, "Wow, my girlfriend's cooking skills are as good as my own mother's and her mother's skills."

"You're lucky you have someone to cook instead of ordering from outside." Y/n say as the two continued enjoying their lunch.

"I never noticed you have a karaoke system here." Luka pointed out.

"Oh, that, my dad bought it a while ago but we've been busy so we never had the time to have a karaoke night." Y/n explained. "Planning on trying it?" She asked.