29: No longer just friends

Adrienette chapter

Early September...

Currently, there was another school vacation for y/n and Marinette but it was shorter than the one in June. The September holiday only lasts for a week and there was a fair going on throughout the week. Ever since y/n told Adrien about the fair, he decided it was the best way to tell Marinette how he feels. Y/n arranged an outing with Luka and asked Adrien to do the same with Marinette.

"Hey y/n, is there actually a fair in town right now?" Marinette asked.

"Yeah, what's up?" Y/n nodded.

"Adrien asked me to the fair. We're going tomorrow evening." Marinette explained.

"Oh, what a coincidence, Luka and I are going to the fair tomorrow too." Y/n chirped.

"You sure you and Adrien didn't plan anything?" Marinette asked, getting suspicious that y/n and Adrien coincidentally planned to go out on the same day.

"What, of course not, it's just a coincidence that both of us planned to go out tomorrow." Y/n argued. Marinette quickly pushed away the situation and continued designing her dress for a special occasion. Y/n then texted Adrien, asking him, 'Ready for tomorrow?' She and Adrien have been working together since the first day the fair opened to see the rides and booths the fair offered before picking the perfect ride for Adrien and Marinette to go on so that Adrien could finally confess his feelings after almost 2 years.

The day of the meet-up...

"Luka, Adrien, looking for our girls I assume?" Sabine asked as she opened the door and was greeted by Adrien and Luka. Both boys nodded as Marinette and y/n immediately rushed up to their guys, y/n pouncing onto hers while Marinette politely and awkwardly greeting hers.

"Have fun girls, but not too much fun." Tom winked at his daughters while both twins cringed at their dad's joke. The four left the house and headed to the fair where they were hanging out at.

"Gosh, so many things to do, what do we go do first?" Y/n asked.

"How bout our all-time fav, the roller coaster!" Marinette pointed out.

"Yes, let's go! You boys coming?" Y/n asked as Marinette pulled her sister to queue up.

"You girls go first, me and Luka will just hang out for a while." Adrien replied. "I wrote a poem for Marinette, do you think it is alright?" He turned to Luka, showing it to him. Luka glanced through the poem and replied, "I think it's beautiful, Marinette is definitely going to love it."

"Since the girls are going on the roller coaster, what about a little bit of guys time?" Luka nudged.

"You just read my mind." Adrien replied.

"Great, we should tell our girls about where we are." Luka whipped out his phone and texted y/n where the guys were heading. The four played a few games at the booths, went on a few rides and had dinner near the food trucks. There were a few street performances that took place as the four watched a few of the performances.

"Is now a good time to go on the Ferris Wheel?" Adrien whispered to y/n.

"Are you ready?" Y/n asked.

"Kind off." Adrien replied.

"Don't worry, I'm sure you'll do fine, you know what to do, right?" Y/n reassured as Adrien nodded. "Hey guys, why don't we go on the Ferris Wheel now?" She suggested.

"Ooh, I can't, I'm scared of heights, you guys go ahead." Luka lied.

"What, and leave my boyfriend on the ground, being a target of single girls, no way, I'm staying with you." Y/n defended.