6: The distance between us

As the train arrived, Luka and y/n entered the train and stood all the way inside to make room for the other boarding passengers.

"Now we just make two stops." Luka told y/n as the train doors closed and went to the next station. At the first stop, more people came into the train. With every person that entered, Luka had to move closer to y/n as he had one hand holding onto the bar at the side behind y/n's waist. When the crowd squeezed in more, his hand lost grip and ended up grabbing y/n's waist while y/n's head was almost touching Luka's chest.

'Oh gosh, the distance between the both of us now. I can't escape this awkwardness, why does the train have to be this crowded now?' Y/n thought. She could hear Luka's heart beating faster every minute as the duo stayed in that position for the whole ride till the second stop where they were supposed to get off.

Finally, when the train came to a stop at the second station, the passengers squeezed themselves out of the packed cabin. When there was enough room for Luka and y/n to get off, Luka immediately let go of y/n and apologized.

"It's alright, besides, the train was crowded and you probably lost balance." Y/n comforted, even though deep down she could feel the millions of butterflies in her stomach still flying around at the thought of the hand placement.

"Where should we go for dinner? My treat this time." Luka asked.

"I think I know this barbeque place, we should definitely go there." Y/n suggested.

"Ooh, sounds interesting. I think it has been a while since I had barbeque so maybe this will be another memory unlocked for me." said Luka.

"Great, let's go there, I know where it is at." Y/n said as she dragged Luka to the barbeque place. After getting a table and ordering what they wanted, Luka and y/n patiently waited for their meals to come.

"Hanging out with you today was honestly fun, we should go out more often." Y/n started.

"Definitely, but not too often or else your sister would tease you a lot." Luka said.

"True, but it's fine cause my sister believes that both of us are just friends." Y/n stated, putting on a fake smiled when she said 'just friends.' Luka's smiled disappeared when y/n said the phrase 'just friends' as y/n asked, "You alright Luka?"

"Yeah, I'm alright." Luka replied. Their meals came shortly after as they enjoyed their dinner while talking about what they should do after dinner.

~

After Luka paid for dinner, the duo decided to walk around the mall for a while so they could digest their dinner.

"Anywhere you would want to go to?" Luka asked.

"Ooh, have you ever thought of getting your own pair of crocs?" Y/n asked.

"I have actually but I was waiting till my birthday because I'm broke right now." Luka replied as y/n chuckled.

"Well, I have my own pair and I was thinking when you get your own pair we could match." Y/n suggested.

"That sounds interesting, one day we'll match when I get my own pair of crocs." Luka smiled.

"Okay but at least let me see if there are any new jibbitz (shoe charms) to add to my crocs." Y/n begged as she dragged Luka into the nearest crocs outlet to check it out. While Luka checked out the different coloured crocs, y/n bought three jibbitz for Luka which were his initials L and C and an electric guitar.

"Alright, let's go, there nothing new to add." Y/n lied as she stuffed the jibbitz into her bag and left the store.

"I think we should head home right now." Y/n said, letting out a yawn.

"Perfect timing, our ride is here." Luka said.

"You booked a Grab while we were in the crocs store? Wow." Y/n gasped as the two headed out of the mall and to the pick-up point. Once Luka caught sight of the car, y/n and Luka entered the car as the car drove off. Luka has one arm spread out behind y/n which made her blush a little at the action. His hand slowly rested on the seat next to y/n's waist as y/n tried her best not to get overexcited about it.

Halfway through the journey, y/n fell asleep and when the car jerked to the left, y/n's head landed on Luka's shoulder which caught him by surprise. He smiled as he let y/n rest on his shoulder for the whole ride, even taking off his jacket and draping it over y/n's body even though she was wearing a long-sleeved top. When the ride was closing in on y/n's house, Luka gently woke up y/n.

"We're here already?" Y/n groggily asked, rubbing her eyes.

"Yeah, we're reaching." Luka replied. Y/n immediately realized she was holding onto Luka's sweater and returned it to him. When the car pulled up at y/n's house, both of them exited the car as Luka walked y/n to the doorstep.

"Thanks for today, Luka, it was really fun and my childhood memories have been revived." Y/n turned to Luka before entering her house.

"The pleasure is all mine." Luka bowed as y/n chuckled.

"Oh, I got you something too." Y/n said as she dug into her bag and pulled out the jibbitz she bought earlier and handed them to Luka.

"It's for your crocs when you get them, hopefully." Y/n explained.

"Thank you y/n, you're too kind but I didn't get you anything." Luka sulked, lowering his head. Lifting his chin up, y/n smiled, "Hanging out for the whole, paying for the snacks, dinner and a ride home is something I would appreciate." With that she pecked Luka's cheek before heading back unlocking the front door.

"See you next time Luka." Y/n smiled as she entered her house, leaving Luka shocked at the gesture.

'I think I just fell even harder for this girl.' Luka thought as he slowly walked to the bus stop and went home.

"Y/nnnnnn, how was your date with you know who?" Marinette asked once y/n entered the house.

"Oh my gosh sis, I have so many things to tell you. But I'm pretty tired right now so I'll tell you tomorrow." Y/n replied as she excused herself to the bathroom to prepare for bed. Laying in bed after changing into her pyjamas, the moment of y/n kissing Luka on the cheek for the first time three days after knowing each other couldn't stop playing in her mind.

'Oh my gosh, I think I'm falling even harder for Luka now.' Y/n thought. 

Word count: 1112

she is the best thing that's ever been mineजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें