12: Valentine's Day pt 2

During the first few moments, the group was vibing to the DJ playing some K-pop songs as well as some other songs which hyped up the whole hall filled with students. When it was y/n's turn to perform, she quietly snuck out of the group and quickly went to change at the backstage dressing rooms.

"God damn court shoes make my feet hurt." Y/n cursed as she took of her black court shoes and massaged them before putting on her boots. When she was ready, she went backstage to meet with 8 other girls who were performing alongside her.

"Alright girls, remember during the intro of signal, keep your eyes closed to that when Samantha goes from one end to the other and back so she won't laugh, got it?" Y/n mentioned one last time as the girls nodded. A/n: Yes, I'm using the same idea Twice did.

"Okay girls, you guys are up, good luck." The backstage crew gave the signal as the girls quickly got into position as the emcee spoke.

"Kicking off this dance, we have Françoise Dupont High's dance team to perform a mashup of 'Signal' and 'What is love' by Twice in line with Valentine's Day. Enjoy!" The emcee announced as the school erupted with cheers while the curtains slowly opened. The music played as the dancers started dancing.

Downstage from the performers, y/n's friends were cheering for her while Luka was videoing the performance so that he could keep the performance as a memory.

"Marinette, do you think you can record future performances y/n does for me since I won't be here to see it physically." Luka whispered to Marinette.

"Sure, not a problem at all." Marinette replied. As the girls finished off their performance, the whole school erupted into cheers as the performers bowed and left the stage.

"Alright girls, go enjoy yourselves again and after that we have one more performance at the end to perform before the slow dance." Y/n being in charge of the group debriefed as the performers went to change back into their dresses before heading back to the party. As y/n went back to look for her friends, she was showered with compliments from everyone who saw her. When she found her group of friends, she was showered with even more compliments.

"You were great out there y/n, I could see you were enjoying yourself." Luka smiled as y/n blushed a little.

"By the way, I have another performance before the slow dance so I have to go off again later." Y/n told Luka.

"No worries, I'll be waiting." Luka reassured. During the rest of the dance, y/n and her friends enjoyed some punch, some Valentine's Day themed desserts and were vibing with the performances. When it was time for y/n to leave again, she snuck out of the hall and changed into a different performance outfit still wearing the same boots from earlier.

"Before we end the night with our slow dance, we have one final performance by Françoise Dupont High's dance team with yet another Twice song called 'Heart Shaker', enjoy!" The emcee announced as the second performance by the dance team started.

*-*

Throughout the performances by the dance team, Luka was eyeing on y/n the whole time. Noticing her expression and how smooth her moves were made Luka feel like he just shot by a cupid arrow millions of times. When the second performance ended, the whole school erupted into another round of cheers.

"Alright, as the dance team takes a break now, let's all relax ourselves and end the night with a slow dance. So, grab your dance partner and enjoy the rest of you night." The emcee announced. As everyone got their dance partner and started slow dancing to the music, Luka patiently waited for his date to come.

*-*

Once the performance was over, y/n changed out of her performance outfit and ran back to the hall. Even though running in court shoes had risks of falling easily and hurt her feet, y/n didn't care, she didn't want her partner to be alone for a long time. Just as y/n caught sight of her partner, she tripped over her court shoes and was about to fall but Luka's quick reflexes caught her just in time.

"Sorry Luka, I didn't want you to be alone for a long time during the slow dance." Y/n apologized.

"It's fine, besides, you shouldn't run in those shoes." Luka smiled.

"Yeah, I won't again." Y/n said as both of them stood awkwardly for a while.

'I have to do it, it's now or never.' Luka thought as he reached out a hand to y/n and asked, "There is a reason why I asked to be my date to this dance right?"

"Oh yeah, I'm aware. I'm just too used to not having a date these years until this year." Y/n explained as she shyly took Luka's hand as Luka pulled y/n closer to him, their lips being a few inches apart. Y/n placed both her hands around Luka's neck while Luka had both his hands on y/n's waist as both of them started to sway to the slow music playing. Luka apologized a few times for stepping on y/n's feet as y/n said, "It's fine, I know you're not much of a dancer but more of a guitarist." Y/n glanced over at Marinette who seemed comfortable with dancing with Adrien as Marinette had her head on Adrien's shoulder while Adrien rested his head on Marinette's

"I see your sister is getting used to her date now." Luka commented, looking over at Marinette and Adrien.

"Jealous Couffaine?" Y/n asked, twisting the ends of Luka's hair as she watched Luka's face turn red. She chuckled and asked, "Should we get out and get some ice cream instead?"

"I see where this is going now." Luka replied as both of them stopped dancing and made their way out of hall and out of the school.

"I think I know this great ice cream place near school, his ice cream is the best." Y/n started as she led the way.  

Word count: 1021

Other songs:

Antifragile- Lesserafim 

Hype boy- New Jeans

After like- IVE

My bag- (G)I-DLE 

Eve, psyche and the Bluebeard's wife- Lesserafim

B[OO]M-BOX- ITZY

Queencard- (G)I-DLE 

Thunderous- Stray Kids

Run BTS- BTS

SET ME FREE- TWICE

Party O'Clock- NMIXX

God's menu- Stray Kids

Kitsch- IVE 

Slow dance songs: 

Perfect- Ed Sheeran

Thinking out loud- Ed Sheeran

A thousand years- Christina Perri

Say you won't let go- James Arthur

Can't help falling in love (From Crazy rich asians)- Kina Grannis

10000 hours- Dan + Shay, Justin Biebar

Make you mine- PUBLIC