20: Babysitting duties

School holidays in June...

The school holidays are finally here which leaves y/n loads of time to finish up any notes she has and revise for her upcoming prelims that start before the end of July and end in the middle of August. Tom and Sabine tasked Marinette to fly to Shanghai where Sabine was originally from to pass something to Uncle Wang and at the same time see if she could find Adrien too after hearing Adrien was heading to Shanghai for a holiday.

During the second week of June, Tom and Sabine had to attend something and would be out for the whole day while y/n was home alone as usual working on her notes and revising for her prelims. Luka has also been busy studying for his exams coming soon and seldom texts y/n to go out, even for study dates. Y/n's friends were also busy with other things and always rejected any plans that y/n had when she was free, leaving her stuck at home without her parents or alone most of the time. A few minutes past noon, the doorbell rang as y/n got up from her study desk and went to open the door.

"Uncle Jerald? What are you doing here?" Y/n asked as Uncle Jerald chuckled at her.

"Did you just wake up?" Uncle Jerald asked. Looking down at her pyjamas, y/n apologized, "I thought I wasn't expecting anyone today, sorry Uncle Jerald."

"No worries at all. The house seems quiet, where is everyone?" Uncle Jerald asked.

"Marinette went to Shanghai to pass something to an uncle on my mom's side and my parents are out attending something and won't be back till after dinner time." Y/n replied.

"Oh, I see. Well, I hope now isn't a bad time for some babysitting. Your aunt is out of Paris right now and our babysitter is not feeling well right now and I have to go to work now so is it alright if I leave Giselle with you for the day?" Uncle Jerald asked.

"Sure, I have no plans anyways, all my friends are busy." Y/n replied. Giselle pounced onto y/n as she waved to her dad.

"Great, sorry to cause any inconvenience." Uncle Jerald apologized.

"No worries, Gigi and I will have the best girl's time, right Gigi?" Y/n nuzzled her face in her soon to be 7-year-old cousin's brunette hair as Giselle chuckled.

"Alright, have fun girls." Uncle Jerald bid the two girls goodbye as he left.

"Auntie y/n is in her pyjamas." Giselle pointed.

"Hey, enough about that you little monkey." Y/n nuzzled her nose against her cousin's nose. "Anyways, what do you want to do?" She asked her cousin, putting her down.

"Can we go out for lunch?" Giselle asked.

"How bout we go to the playground after lunch, I have some leftovers I made. Do you not want to taste Auntie y/n's cooking?" Y/n questioned.

"I've never tasted Auntie y/n's cooking, I want to try!" Giselle exclaimed. Y/n chuckled as she took her cousin to the kitchen and reheated the leftovers. After laying out the table, y/n started to feed Giselle.

"Auntie y/n, I'm a big girl, I can eat on my own." Giselle pouted. Squeezing Giselle's chubby cheek, y/n smiled, "Alright big girl, Auntie y/n won't feed you anymore." The doorbell rang a few moments later as y/n went to get the door. At the same time, she checked her phone for the time and saw several miscalls from Luka and freaked out.

'Oh shoot, Luka's definitely not happy with this.' Y/n thought as she opened the door to find her own boyfriend standing there.

"Hey babe, I can explain all those miscalls." Y/n started, brushing her hair back.

"I assume someone just woke up." Luka smirked, looking at y/n still in her pyjamas as y/n covered herself with her hands, smiling awkwardly.

"Totally not. I woke up at 10 and was studying in my pyjamas the whole morning since I thought I wasn't expecting anyone." Y/n explained. "Also, I'm sorry if I didn't call you back." She continued, looking down. Luka smiled and replied, "No worries, I was wondering if you want to hang out. I've been studying for 3 hours straight and I need a break."