25: Lady's days

Of course, being a girl has its pros and cons and there are more cons of being a girl. One of the many cons girls have is periods. Every month, girls go through their period which lasts for at least 28 days where they lose blood from the shedding of their uterine lining. (If you take biology and learn about the female reproductive system, you'll know what I mean here). Through these few days, girls may act different compared to their normal selves. They crave a lot of food, complain about their cramps and the most significant change is their mood. One moment, they'll feel relaxed, happy and totally not bothered by anything but the next, they either have a mental breakdown or go on a rampage, yelling at everyone for no reason.

Y/n was one of those girls who would crave a lot of food, complain about cramps and has heavy mood swings. Yet another weekend has arrived and y/n didn't have any plans since Luka and her friends were busy. Currently, she was sitting on the couch watching television when she felt her cramps kick in.

'I swear these cramps are killing me.' Y/n thought as she laid on the couch, clutching her stomach. She stretched for her phone and called Luka despite him being busy with who knows what. Fortunately, Luka picked up the phone in which y/n demanded, "Can you come over now with some sweets and something for my stomach, my cramps are killing me."

"Something for your stomach, like constipation pills?" Luka questioned.

"EXCUSE ME? NO YOU DIMMWITT, I MEANT LIKE A HOT WATER BOTTLE OR SOMETHING. I DO NOT HAVE CONSIPATION!" Y/n practically screamed.

"Alright, alright, I'm on my way now." Luka sighed.

"WELL, HURRY UP!" Y/n demanded as she hung up. Tom and Sabine looked at their youngest from the kitchen as Sabine sighed, "Well, now this little one has gotten her lady's day. She'll be like her sister, raging out of nowhere."

"That also means that she is growing up fast." Tom added as Sabine nodded. The doorbell rang shortly as Sabine went over to open the door.

"Good day Mrs Cheng, y/n sent me." Luka started. Y/n ran over and snatched the bag of sweets from Luka and ran back to the couch to feast on the sweets.

"What's up with y/n today? She screamed at me over the phone a few moments ago." Luka asked. Sabine invited him in as she explained what y/n was going through.

"Weird, if Marinette goes through this too, why does y/n demand more things that her?" Luka asked.

"Well, girls react differently when it comes to their periods. You'll have to get used to it if you ever become her boyfriend." Sabine casually slipped in the word 'boyfriend' as Luka quickly denied, "We're just friends."

"LUKA GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE RIGHT NOW!" Y/n screamed.

"Well, you should go attend to her." Sabine insisted as Luka got up and slowly went up to y/n.

"Feeling any better y/n?" Luka asked.

"Can't you tell by my mental state now?" Y/n asked. Luka sat next to y/n and took something out for her.

"What's this?" Y/n asked.

"It's a heat pack. You can heat it up in the microwave and it helps with headaches and in your case stomach cramps." Luka explained. Y/n took the heat pack and realized it was warm already.

"I thought I was going to do an extra step of heating it up." Y/n say, placing the heat back on her abdomen as she sighed in relief.

"I saw it on the way here and the stall owners offered to microwave it so I agreed." Luka explained.

"Okay this will definitely help with my cramps now." Y/n sighed in relief. "Thank you for stopping by." She thanked.

"Anything for my girl." Luka smiled. After a moment of silence, Luka asked, "How do you get these cramps anyway?"

"You must be someone who doesn't take biology I assume." Y/n retorted as she started explaining what she learnt.

"Basically, the uterine lining breaks down and it feels like someone is stabbing you in the abdomen and that's how I get cramps." Y/n explained. Luka stared at her blankly after hearing loads of unfamiliar words. Y/n laughed and said, "At least now you know my cramps feel like someone stabbing me."

"Luka, why don't you stay for dinner." Sabine insisted.

"Sure, I have nothing else planned today." Luka replied.

"I'll call you two again when dinner is ready." Sabine smiled as Luka nodded.

~

"Ughhh, I'm still hungry even though I just ate." Y/n groaned as she laid on her bed. She then picked up her phone to text her sister.

"Maybe you shouldn't have finished all of the sweets I bought you?" Luka suggested. Y/n sat up and questioned, "Are you saying I'm fat?"

"What, of course not. I would never call you that." Luka replied.

"I'm home." Marinette called from downstairs as y/n immediately ran down to her sister.

"Did you buy what I asked you to buy?" Y/n asked.

"Yes, yes, here you go. It's a little melted so I hope-"

"Enough said, thanks sis." Y/n interrupted as she grabbed the frozen yoghurt and ran back to her room.

"I thought she isn't supposed to have cold things on her period." Sabine asked Marinette.

"Well, she was typing in caps but she said, and I quote 'I DON'T CARE, I WANT MY USUAL ORDER OF FROZEN YOGHURT!' when I said that it isn't good to eat a lot of cold things." Marinette replied.

"You must be drained today, want any leftovers?" Sabine asked.

"I'm alright mom, thanks." Marinette replied as she went up to her room. Meanwhile, Luka was watching y/n devour her frozen yoghurt in y/n's room.

"Y/n, are you sure you want to eat a lot of cold things on your... lady's days?" Luka asked.

"It's fine, besides the last time I was on my period and ate something cold my cramps were not that intense." Y/n replied, taking another scoop of yoghurt.

"Well, it's getting late now, I have to go now." Luka stood up. "Call me if you need anything, alright." He continued as he placed a kiss on y/n's forehead before leaving.

"Bye babe, I'll call you." Y/n say as Luka left her room.

'I hope y/n is alright.' Luka thought as he headed to the front door.

"Thank you for dinner Mr and Mrs Cheng." Luka thanked.

"No problem, come visit soon." Sabine smiled as Luka left the house.  

Word count: 1093 

I think most girlies can relate to this whole chapter