39: Third-wheeler

If you have seen Justin Bieber's music video Mistletoe, this scenario is going to be similar to that plot in the MV. 

As the sun was going down in Paris, Luka decided to take y/n to the Christmas fair with many activities and food trucks similar to the Halloween fair 2 months ago. Luka and y/n were sitting outside a café having something hot in the cold weather.

"If you're alright with me asking why does your father ask you and Marinette to wear Santa dresses every year on Christmas?" Luka asked.

"Well, I don't know actually, I guess the first time me and my sister wore this kind of dress he likes it and makes it a thing for us every year." Y/n replied. "But thank the lords that next year we don't have to wear them anymore." She sighed.

"Really, you should have extended your deal of not wearing the dress anymore when you turn 20." Luka sulked.

"Nah, I think 18 is a good age to stop. Me and my sister didn't exactly like the thought of wearing it but we appreciate the present from my dad." Y/n say, taking another sip of her hot chocolate. As the couple continued talking, another girl from afar recognized Luka as she went up to the two.

"Luka, it's been a while." The girl pulled a chair from a vacant table and sat next to Luka. Y/n instantly noticed and had two gut feelings in her arising, jealousy and insecurity.

"Sarah, it's been a while, how have you been?" Luka turned to her.

"I've been alright, my parents took a trip here to visit some relatives and they told me about this Christmas fair too." Sarah explained. She then noticed y/n who was silent the whole time and asked, "Aren't you from Tiktok?"

"Me? Yeah, my best friend Zoe and I do dances together." Y/n replied.

"I knew you looked familiar from afar. One of your friend's videos came up on my For You Page and I think you two make great dance partners." Sarah smiled. Y/n smiled back as Sarah and Luka continued catching up with each other. After a while, y/n got bored as she got up without the two noticing and wandered around the fair. Many stall holders were advertising their products to y/n but she turned them down nicely as she continued looking around. Y/n came across a pop-up store that had crochet plush toys as she admired a few.

"I should've brought more money for this." Y/n muttered, opening her wallet to find small notes and coins. Disappointed, y/n took one last look at the plush toys before wandering somewhere else.

"Hey, there you are, I thought I lost you." Luka caught sight of y/n as she snapped out of her thoughts.

"Sorry, I was just looking around." Y/n apologized. Both Luka and y/n continued exploring the fair, playing a few games and enjoying more holiday treats. Both Luka and y/n passed by the same crochet store she came across earlier as she stared at the penguin and the axolotl plush toys.

"Do you want it?" Luka asked.

"Me? No, it's fine I can always ask Marinette to make one. She's really good at crocheting." Y/n lied.

"Honey, I know you're lying. If you want it I can buy it for you." Luka nudged.

"No, seriously, it's fine I don't need it." Y/n say, brushing past Luka. Before Luka was about to go after y/n, he heard a familiar voice call him.

"Oh, hey Luka, we meet again." Sarah started.

"Hey, planning to buy one of these keychains?" Luka asked, pointing at the crocheted keychains.

"I was actually, for my other two friends back in London." Sarah replied. "What about you, I think the penguin looks cute." She pointed. Luka looked up to see where y/n went but she disappeared in the crowd. Feeling a slight bit of guilt that he yet again made the same mistake with his childhood friend Monica, he replied, "Yeah, the penguin and the axolotl do look cute."