7: The annual Valentine's Day Dance

The start of February

The school year has been going pretty well for the two sisters so far, y/n topping her class for science as usual and her dance team winning silver in the dance off competition. Marinette on the other hand had an art project based on designing hats where Adrien would wear one of the best designed hats at his next photoshoot. Lucky enough for Marinette, her hat was chosen by the famous fashion designer Gabriel Agreste and she was given an opportunity to go behind the scenes at Adrien's photoshoot with her hat design.

"Alright everyone, as you all know our annual Valentine's Day dance is coming up and instead of keeping the dance between our school, we've decided to invite a boys' school to come to our school." The form teacher of the twins' class Ms Bustier announced. A/n: I know usually boys' schools would go to girls' schools to do this but a little twist isn't too bad, right?

"Valentine's Day dance again? Well, one thing I know is that I'm going solo again this year." Y/n scoffed to herself.

"Ms Bustier, which boys' school is coming this year?" A girl asked.

"Vista School For Boys." Ms Bustier replied as y/n's eyes widened open. Slamming her hands on the table, y/n exclaimed as she stood up, "What?!"

"Is there a problem Ms Shuchun?" Ms Bustier questioned as the rest of the class erupted into laughter except for the queen bee Chloe and her minion Sabrina.

"Sorry, I had other thoughts." Y/n apologized as she sat down.

'This can't be happening, I think I'm dreaming, the school Luka studies at is coming to my school for the Valentine's Day dance this year?' Y/n thought.

"Is everything alright y/n?" Marinette asked her sister.

"Huh, yeah, everything is alright." Y/n replied as she silently thought if she should ask Luka to be her Valentine this year. Once school was over after assembly, the group of girls exited the school.

"So, who are you girls asking this year to the dance?" Rose asked.

"Marinette is definitely going to ask Adrien this year." Alya replied.

"I am not." Marinette lied.

"You better not Marinette Dupain Cheng." Marinette's sworn enemy for many years since elementary school Chloe warned. Among the two Cheng sisters, Chloe preferred picking on Marinette and not picking on y/n at all because of her looks. Along with Chloe was her partner in crime Sabrina who has been trying to stop being friends with Chloe after always being pressured and bossed around by her.

"Zip it Chloe." Alya defended.

"Don't you dare shut me up Cezaire, you know who my daddy is." Chloe threatened as Alya rolled her eyes. "Oh y/n, you're looking stunning with your new hair-do, could you do mine one day?" She turned to y/n and politely asked. Y/n scoffed and replied, "Me, doing Chloe Bourgeois hair. Sorry but I don't do someone's rat nest hair who always picks on my twin and my friends." Flipping her hair, she pulled her friends with her and left the school, leaving Chloe and Sabrina stunned by the comeback.

"A-aren't you going after her Chloe?" Sabrina timidly asked.

"Definitely not, y/n is just too pretty to go after even though she's a savage." Chloe replied. "Only Dupain Cheng will be the person I would pick on the most." She continued as she commanded Sabrina to follow her home.

"Wow y/n, that was quite a comeback back there." Alix commented.

"Thanks, you know how much Chloe 'loves' me." Y/n replied.

"Like a real savage back there, I like it." Mylene commented. Juleka muttered something as Marinette replied, "Sure, we can head over to work on the decorations for Valentine's Day, right y/n?"

"Oh yes, yes, we'll be there." Y/n replied. "I have to go meet someone first." She continued as she ran out of the group before one of her friends ask who it was. When y/n was far away from the group, she called Luka without hesitation to tell her about the news.

"Luka, hi, I hope now isn't a bad time cause I have something really important to tell you." Y/n started.

"It's alright, I just left school, what's up?" Luka asked.

"My form teacher said that there is a Valentine's Day dance this year." Y/n started.

"I am aware about that, I was just briefed about it too." Luka continued.

"Yes, and apparently your school is coming to my school this year." Y/n finished her sentence.

"You know if it's really important you could have told me face to face." Luka smiled, standing behind y/n who's back was towards him.

"Face to face, what do you mea- AH okay I get what you mean now hahaha." Y/n got a shock when she saw Luka behind her when she turned around as she hung up.

"Luka, I beg you, stop scaring me like this." Y/n whined as she lightly punched Luka's chest as Luka chuckled.

"Oh, I'm sorry blueberry." Luka apologized as y/n looked up and him and questioned, "Blueberry?"

"Sorry, it slipped out of my mouth." Luka apologized again. "Want to head to my house for lunch?" He asked. Y/n then realized that Juleka might be at home already and replied, "Sure I guess, I'll just tell my sister real quick."

While heading back to Luka's house, y/n explained that she was actually supposed to go over later with her sister to help with Valentine's Day decorations along with Rose, Juleka and Zoe since the five girls were part of the decorating committee in school.

"Hello, you must be Marinette." Luka's mom Anarka welcomed.

"Actually, I'm y/n, Marinette's sister. She'll be coming over later." Y/n corrected as she took off her shoes.

"Mom, you can tell Marinette ties her hair up into two ponytails while y/n lets her hair down most of the time." Luka reminded.

"Sorry boy, you know your mom is getting old and I've never seen such a beauty other than Marinette her friends, including Juleka." Luka's mom commented which made y/n blush.

"Y/n, why are you here so early?" Juleka asked.

"Well after meeting my friend I happen to see Luka and he offered me over for lunch." Y/n explained, obviously lying.

"You can come sit with us dear while you, young man take a shower first." Luka's mom instructed as Luka went upstairs while y/n took a seat at the dining table with Luka's mom and Juleka. 

Word count: 1076