𝟎𝟐 | 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

"Hello, (Y/N)," one of the brothers greeted, approaching her and offering his hand as he smiled. "My name is Ashton, and I'm the oldest. It's nice to finally meet you. Awake, that is."

    "You... visited me in the hospital?" The girl raised a brow, yet took his hand and shook.

    "Yes. Our father thought it would be polite to do so, and Miranda agreed. We're all very glad to see you awake," he continued to smile, his whole aura exuding what it meant to be a gentlemen, very much like Takeshi but in a more reserved and polished way.

    Soon enough, everyone had introduced themselves.

    While Ashton looked like his father with slicked back dark hair, dark eyes, and pale skin, the second born son, Kai, looked more like his deceased mother—(Y/N) having noticed some family pictures on the walls—with undercut brown hair, tan skin, a crisscrossing scar on his cheek, and dark eyes. He had the same type of charm as his brother, but he was more quiet, and he quickly averted his gaze whenever he met hers.

    The third oldest, Jay, was adopted, much like his actual blood related brother Cassius, who was the fourth oldest. They differed greatly though since Jay had amber eyes and brown skin while Cassius had pale skin and light hazel eyes. The only similarity was their white hair; all natural, with no dyes.

     The fifth oldest, Haru, had pale skin, red hair that traveled down the nape of his neck, and grey eyes. He said nothing as he bent down low to kiss her hand, smirking against her skin as he met her eyes.

     I can tell he's broken some hearts...

     Giving him an awkward smile and then pulling her hand away, she turned to the last person left to introduce themselves. The boy—while beautiful in looks with blonde hair that fell across his forehead, pale skin, and honey eyes—glared at her hatefully, the look offsetting his naturally innocent appearance.

    "Mikael..." Takeshi warned the boy, giving him a pointed look. "Be nice to (Y/n). This is all new to her."

    "She won't be here for long, so what's the point?" He sneered, walking past her and intentionally shoving her shoulder with his own. "Besides, it's not like I asked for any more siblings, or a new mother, did I?" Stomping up the stairs, his footsteps fading in the distance, it only crescendoed and ended with the slamming of his bedroom door.

    "He seems... friendly?" (Y/N) sighed, shifting her crutches and turning towards Takeshi with a crooked smile.

    "Don't mind him," Haru butted in before his father could speak, still giving her that flirtatious smile that he had been giving her earlier, along with standing far too close to her for comfort. "Mikael is always like that towards new people."

    "Always?"

    "He trusts few," Ashton exhaled softly, glancing down at his watch and then to Takeshi. "Father, has the help prepared dinner yet? It's getting pretty late, and I'm sure (Y/N) and Miranda are tired from their long trip."

    "Ah, yes!" He clasped his hands together, shooting the younger girl a pleased smile. "Speaking of that, (Y/N), would you like me to show you your room first? You can get settled in, maybe take a quick shower, before we sit down to eat? As a teenage girl, I'm sure you'd like that, yes?"

    "Yes, please," she nodded eagerly, feeling her arms burning from having to support her body for that long.

    "Of course," Takeshi's dark eyes then flicked to his eldest son. "Ashton, could you please escort her? And... help her up the stairs too, if it gets too tiring for her, okay?"

    "Yes, father."

    Allowing Ashton to help her up the flight of stairs to the bedroom area, (Y/N) gazed around at the spacious house that seemed to be filled with all sorts of beautiful craftsmanship and artistry—paintings of vivid scenery and tapestries displaying the heartache of humanity lined the walls, along with the sparse collection of family portraits.

    She stopped at one in particular.

    It held Takeshi and all his sons, adopted and blood, and then his last wife.

    She was gorgeous, with tan skin, clear blue eyes, and flowing dark hair that complimented every feature about her.

     What stood out to (Y/N) the most was how happy everyone looked in the portrait. Her mind took her back to her old house, and the pictures that used to fill the walls there. Even though she was too young to remember him, when she looked at the photo of her, Miranda, and her father all happy and joyful, she wondered of what could have been.

     "(Y/N)?" Ashton regained her attention, snapping her from her wandering thoughts. "Your room is just a little bit farther ahead."

    "Ah, right," she nodded, hobbling along until they reached another pair of sliding doors that looked much like the ones before them.

     Stepping into the space, she marveled at how grand it all seemed to be compared to her last bedroom. Her silk bed was against the wall to her left, and it faced both a mahogany closet and door to an adjacent bathroom. In front of her stood a desk, and next to that, doors that led out to a balcony that showcased the setting sun.

     "This is... amazing..." she blinked in wonder, gradually sinking down on the duvet of her bed, marveling at how soft it was.

    "I'm glad it's to your liking," Ashton nodded as he laced his hands behind his back, giving her a professional business smile that she assumed was given to pretty much anyone that he was tired of dealing with. "Father said that you can decorate it anyway you like since it's now yours."

    "Yes, thank you..." she glanced around, already noticing that her stuff was all brought inside and wondering if the help that he had mentioned before did all that.

     "You're welcome," he moved to leave, but hesitated. "And, nice to have you, (Y/N)."

꧁꧂

꧁꧂