𝟒𝟖 | 𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐏𝐄

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

(Y/N) waited.

    Standing against the wall where her door would hide her upon its opening with one of the metal bars from her window that she had secured after chipping away at it, she waited patiently.

    She knew already.

    She knew that she wasn't strong enough to go against Kai and win.

    So she prepared a weapon.

After an agonizing week planning secretly with Kai, they had finally arranged to meet up that night at exactly one in the morning to not only escape, but to set fire to the house to kill the others so they wouldn't pursue them. However, what Kai didn't realize was that (Y/N) had no intention of ever staying with him.

He didn't love her.

She knew that none of them did.

She was just a possession to them—something they could have to just sit still and look pretty.

And she wouldn't live like that.

    Finally, after waiting became almost unbearable from how silent it was, her (E/C) eyes that glimmered in the moonlit room widened slightly when the door's lock clicked, and the knob turned. Sucking in a silent breath, she steadied herself. She had never tried to actively hurt someone to this extent, having only dealt one or two punches here and there.

This was entirely different.

The weight of the metal bar felt heavy in her hands, but she only gripped it harder.

On the few occasions that (Y/N) had been allowed out of her room—the space basically like a prison cell which eventually made her loathe it—she accompanied Ashton to his office where he asked her to just be with him while he worked.

But as he did so, she studied.

Even though most of the books he had where on the heart, there were some that contained a brief overview of the entire human body. It was exactly what she needed.