𝟒𝟏 | 𝐖𝐄𝐃𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

Two months flew by fast.

Three weeks in, Eun-ji and Jay were back at school, the girl's relationship with him and Mikael frosty, though, as she tried to steer (Y/N) clear from them. Davan also returned, he and Olivia becoming more reclusive than anything—something that aroused more than one's suspicions. After a month, though, school was out and (Y/N) was well on her way to senior year, already beginning to search for a good college that she'd be happy with.

But then there were her stepbrothers.

She tried to stay away from most of them by hanging out with Eun-ji who came to pick her up, or by just holing up in her room.

Some days it worked.

On others it didn't.

However, everything seemed to finally click into place in the worst way possible when the day of Takeshi's and Miranda's wedding arrived. In the proceeding weeks before, everyone attended rehearsal dinners and went for outfit sizings, along with making sure everything was finalized. But for the event itself, they drove up into the mountains where in a small pocket valley lay a rather expansive lodge overlooking a crystalline lake.

Which led (Y/N) to the moment at hand.

She was currently standing at the front with a bouquet of flowers in hand and in a fitted bridesmaid dress that cinched in a bit at the waist before flowing around her legs lightly. Three other women who were some of Miranda's closest friends stood in front of her. But then there were those on the opposite side of her.

Ashton, Kai, Jay, Cassius, Haru, and Mikael stood behind two of Takeshi's friends who were all dressed in pressed black suits and ties. And while they might have looked calm to anyone else watching, when they met (Y/N)'s eyes, all she could see was something dark and twisted that she almost couldn't bear the sight of. Letting her gaze rove over to where Takeshi stood in front of the hired priest, his smile light and kind, she hoped that he would make her mother happy.

She let out a slow breath when the song began.

This is it.

And as (Y/N) looked down the aisle to where Miranda was, her gown a silvery white that made her look ethereal, she didn't notice that her new stepbrothers' eyes were all on her.