𝟒𝟎 | 𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐌𝐄

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

Study Hall was heaven sent.

    For no one (Y/N) knew was there in that period with her, she able to focus and get her work done before the end of the day. Most were able to leave early since they had cars of their own and the school's permission, however, she decided not to do the same even though she could very easily just call someone to do so.

    If she were at home, she would most likely put off her homework to the last minute.

    And she didn't want that.

    So she stayed.

    However, as the bell rang and she walked outside, dreading having to face whoever was going to pick her up since by then, she was on worse terms with all of her stepbrothers save for Mikael, her expression tightened when her fears were confirmed upon seeing Ashton pull up to the curb in his expensive dark car. His smile was pleasant enough, but she knew too well that his intentions were far from that.

    "Get in, (Y/N)," he demanded lightly, not so much as giving her an option.

    "And if I don't?"

    "Then I show that video to Miranda and my father... do you really want that?" He smirked, watching as she squirmed under the pressure. "So, be a good girl and get in the car."

Reluctantly, (Y/N) did just that.

And with that, Ashton drove off, the silence between the two so thick one could almost cut through it with a knife, soon enough the slight pattering of rain then filling the space. However, the more she paid attention to where they were going, the more she could tell for a fact that they were heading in the opposite direction of where Takeshi's manor was.

"Where are we going?" She questioned as she turned to face Ashton.

"You'll see when we get there," he murmured as he pressed his foot further against the gas petal, his brow twitching. "You're merely going to be helping me get rid of a nuisance I can't seem to shake."

He didn't elaborate any further.

Exhaling softly, knowing that she couldn't do anything—not when he had that recording of her—she leaned back in her seat to watch the world whir by. She wished that there was someway she could escape the situation that she had suddenly arrived in, but since she had no way of retrieving Ashton's phone or if he had made any copies of the recording, she was stuck.

And she loathed such a fact.

But finally, when the two arrived at a hotel, all hope drained from her body.

"Don't tell me that reason you brought me here..." she trailed off as she glared darkly at Ashton when they exited the car, the man only laughing from the withering scowl she gave him.

Unfortunately, he didn't answer her.

However, as soon as they walked through the winding doors and stepped foot onto the elaborately woven carpet, the marble pillars rising and catching the ceiling that displayed ornate decorations that traveled down the length of the walls, (Y/N) followed Ashton's gaze to where a woman sat patiently. She was pretty enough, but from Ashton's expression of displeasure, that wasn't the issue.

She was also smiling.

As if something good were about to happen.

Yet, all that changed when the woman's gaze clashed with theirs, instantly her entire expression morphing into shock and betrayal.

"Good afternoon, Elle," Ashton greeted politely when the woman stumbled over to them, his hands laced behind his back until he wrapped an arm around (Y/N)'s shoulder and pulled her into his chest unexpectedly. "I've done what you asked and produced my girlfriend. She is real, as I'm sure I've already told you countless times. Now, could you perhaps stop harassing me and leave me alone?"

"Harass you?" The woman now introduced as Elle laughed shortly. "All I've done is love you!"

"And?" Ashton asked coldly.

"W-What?" Elle backed up ever so slightly.

"Has it ever occurred to you that this 'love' you say you have for me is merely just that of a fantasy?" He questioned as he lifted his chin, staring down at her as if she were nothing to him. "That the only thing it is is a hindrance? While you may say that it's pure, all I can see it as is an annoyance."

"How can you say that?" Elle trembled under his intense gaze, her green eyes filling with tears that threatened to spill. "How can you be so... cruel?"

"I just am."

Not able to take any more, Elle ran out of the hotel, not even able to look back from how sorely her pride and heart was wounded. (Y/N), glad that the woman was gone, was now able to push Ashton away from her, finding how easily he had been able to lie through and crush any and all argument Elle had a discomfort that she wanted to shake.

"So that's what you needed me for, huh?" She crossed her arms over her chest, her eyes narrowed.

"Were you wanting something else?" He smirked.

"No."

"My... I just can't help but see that you seem disappointed," he tilted her chin up with his pointer finger, his dark eyes boring into hers that glimmered with an unrestrained hunger. "Perhaps we should correct that, hm?"

"Excuse me?" (Y/N) recoiled.

"No need to look so apprehensive," he laughed lightly, his hand cupping his mouth to hide his smile. "It was only a joke."

"What the hell...?" She grumbled under her breath as she too stalked out of the hotel and back towards the car, knowing that the task that he had needed her for was now over.

Ashton, however, merely stared after her.

My...

I don't know if I'll be able to hold back any longer since she's so... temping.

But I'll refrain.

She's still only seventeen.

Besides, we'll soon have all the time in the world.

Humming happily to himself, Ashton slid his hands into his pockets and walked out of the hotel towards the car where (Y/N) was waiting.

════════════════════════════════

【 𝐀𝐑𝐂 𝐈𝐈𝐈 】
【 𝐄𝐍𝐃 】
【 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 】