𝟑𝟎 | 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐒

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

    "She's taking a while..." Kai glanced at his watch as he waited for (Y/N) to walk down the stairs the next morning, his brows furrowing since she wasn't normally that late coming down.

Drumming his fingers against the counter, he waited for her for only ten more minutes before deciding to go check up on her. Pretty much everyone had left for their job or for school, so he knew that something wasn't right. Knocking on (Y/N)'s door gently and calling out to her, he was surprised when he received no answer. He tried once more, but silence was his only reply.

"I'm coming in, okay?" He called through the door as he opened it, his gaze traveling around the room until landing on the bed.

The sheets were still rumpled.

And it looked like someone was laying there.

"She must have slept through her alarm," Kai shook his head with a soft chuckle as he began to approach (Y/N)'s sleeping form. "I wonder what she did last night for that to happen?"

And just as he reached out, he stopped.

For as soon as he was about to gently shake her awake, she turned over in her sleep away from him, kicking the covers off of her and revealing her exposed legs due to the shorts she was wearing. Not only that, but her shirt slid up ever so slightly to reveal her stomach and the small of her back. If he were her actual blood-related brother, he wouldn't think much of this and would have merely continued on with his plan to wake her up.

But he wasn't.

Kai couldn't stop himself from allowing his eyes to wander her body, the mere thought of what remained hidden a tantalizing thought.

But then he snapped back to reality.

Forcing himself to look away, his hands trembling in shock from what he had been thinking, he couldn't help but feel mildly disgusted at himself. While teenagers younger than eighteen engaged in sexual acts with each other, he was an adult while she was still seventeen. No matter if they were only a few years a part, there was that difference and the fact that they were soon to be family.

And she was supposed to be his little sister.

Nothing more.

But as he slid his hand down his face to cover his mouth, his dark eyes wandered back to (Y/N), and all he could see was a woman.

What am I doing?

Without even thinking, Kai's hand reached out and drew up her leg, immediately stilling and drawing in a sharp breath when the girl let out a small groan at his actions. But when she settled down, he then traced up her hips and arms to where he gently cupped her face, his lips tugging upwards into a rather pained smile as he stared at her.

"The fuck are you doing?"

Kai jerked his hand away from (Y/N) like he had been burned, turning to see Haru standing in the doorway with a scowl painting his expression.

His silver eyes were blazing.

"I thought you had already left for school..." Kai mumbled, completely avoiding the other's question.

"It's a good thing I didn't," Haru spat out. "Especially when it seems as if you're finally revealing how goddamn pathetic you are. Were you seriously touching (Y/N) like that? The girl who's gonna be our younger sister? What the hell were you even thinking, Kai?"

"You know nothing," Kai hissed.

"I don't need to know after what I just saw," Haru scoffed at his brother. "I saw the way you looked at (Y/N)... it's the same way you looked at Mia."

Kai didn't react.

Didn't even flinch.

Whenever he used to hear of his deceased girlfriend's name, it always ate away at him until he could barely breathe. But for some reason, all he felt from hearing Mia's name was a type of clarity and the sensation that he had finally moved on. Glancing back at (Y/N) who was still peacefully dozing, Kai shoved past Haru and stalked down the hall. Not even a moment later, Haru could hear a car start before driving away.

He then turned to (Y/N).

He sighed.

"Hey," he nudged her shoulder, his eyes rolling when she merely swatted him away. "How late did you stay up, huh? If you don't get up now and get ready, we'll be late for school."

"What...?" (Y/N) groaned as fumbled around her nightstand to grab her phone, sitting up and rubbing the sleep from her eyes as she squinted at the bright screen, then having to a double take when checking the time. "Oh, shit!" Shooting up and throwing the covers off of her, almost falling face first from how fast she was trying to go even though she had just woken up, she turned to Haru and said, "Why didn't you wake me earlier?"

He chuckled.

How... adorable.

"You were sleeping so soundly... you looked so cute—how could I wake you like that?" He simpered, enjoying her frustration.

"Just get out," she pointed to the door.

Haru held up his hands in surrender as he left her room and silently shut the door behind him, his smile soon falling as he stared at the floor for several seconds longer, a type of overwhelming despondency falling over him. For as much as he accused Kai of favoring (Y/N) more so than he should, he knew he was just being hypocritical.

"God..." he mumbled as he raked through his red hair, his expression twisting in disbelief.

Images flashed through his mind.

Of (Y/N)'s warm touch.

Of her (E/C) eyes.

Of her body.

His face burned with shame as he slid down the wall and hid his eyes.

"What the fuck is wrong with me?"

════════════════════════════════

【 𝐀𝐑𝐂 𝐈𝐈 】
【 𝐄𝐍𝐃 】
【 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 】