𝟒𝟗 | 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐇

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

    "So you survived... Kai," (Y/N) huffed out as her entire body shook in both pain and absolute exhaustion, her leg throbbing whilst she was already beginning to feel several different places starting to bruise from her tussle with Mikael.

They stared at each other.

Finally, he said, "(Y/N)... from the moment you arrived here, I knew something was bound to happen. Something that would change our lives so drastically that nothing would ever be the same." Lifting his eyes to meet hers, she able to see nothing but infatuation and desperation brimming within the dark hues, he continued, "I merely thought you were an outsider, at first. But I was proven wrong time and time again."

She said nothing to this.

"How you relied on me, how you smiled at me, how you seemed flustered by me, how you opened up to me about your troubles, how you never backed down from what you firmly believed in, and how unwavering your love is..." he murmured as he tilted his head downwards, the shadows from his ruffled hair hiding his expression. "Everything... it made me want all of that about you directed towards me. I still do. Nothing could ever make me want to give you up."

"...except death," (Y/N) finished for him, her gaze cool and unwavering.

"Will you kill me then?"

Silence descended between them.

Soon, an unearthly grin that was unhinged beyond all reasoning stretched across Kai's lips. He thought he had won—had thought that he had won (Y/N)—finally, after so long. But as he took one step forward, his eyes met hers once more.

There was still defiance.

She hadn't given up.

And in that moment, he knew that she was going to do something rash.

Unlocking the door to Mikael's car with his keys that she had snagged off of his body, she dove into the passenger side before slamming it behind her and quickly locking it. Not even flinching when Kai threw his body against the vehicle, his screaming incoherent since she had all but drowned him out, she yelled as she drug her body into a sitting posting in the driver's side.