𝟎𝟒 | 𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐀𝐋

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

(Y/N) wasn't really sure if she wanted to get out of bed that morning, but after the second time Miranda barged into her room and told her to get up unless she wanted to be late to her new school, she finally did as she was told. Washing her face quickly and struggling into her uniform, she gathered her bag and then stared down at the stairwell in front of her.

Fucking hell.

Why did they put me upstairs when my leg is fricken' broken?

Just as she was shifting her crutches around to see if she could make an attempt to get downstairs, she was suddenly pulled away when two hands hooked under her arms and yanked her back.

"Good morning, (Y/N)," Ashton smiled down at her, as if his threat to her last night was all but forgotten.

"Mornin'," she mumbled, trying to push him away from her.

He didn't budge.

"Why is my new younger sister trying to get down the stairs by herself?" He tilted his head while his eyes creased to make it look like he was concerned for her, yet there being no emotion in his dark eyes when she stared into them. "Let me help you. At least until your leg gets better, ask for help. We wouldn't want another accident... would we?"

His words sent a small shiver up her spine.

This guy is a psycho.

I might not have met many before... or any at all... but this guy has all the alarm bells ringing.

"Oh, Ashton, good morning!" Takeshi appeared behind them with his pale fingers straightening out his tie. "And (Y/N), too! Glad to see that you two are already getting along."

So that's why Ashton is getting all friendly...

Her eyes narrowed.

"Yes, I was just helping (Y/N) down the stairs since it seems she is still having trouble," Ashton explained in a crisp and neat way, just like the suit he was wearing that seemed to mirror his father's own. "Is Jay or Cassius still here to take her to school?"

"I don't assume so, no... so either Haru or Mikael will have to drive her."

(Y/N) exhaled.

Haru... is too flirty for my tastes, and Mikael just straight up hates me.

Great.

"Looks like you don't like that idea," Ashton murmured after Takeshi had walked downstairs and he had glanced at her expression. "Would you rather me drive you instead, little sister?"

She met his gaze only for a brief moment, but it was all it took to see that he was actually being serious in his offer—however, only to the extent that it was probably to stay on good terms with both his father and new soon to be stepmother. She didn't answer him as she let him help her down the stairs, one hand hooked around his shoulder while the other held the banister, he holding on to her crutches while supporting her by the waist.

Already, she disliked having to rely on others, but especially so now since it was him.

Finally, when reaching the bottom of the stairs, she hastily let go of him, but his hands lingered on her waist. Gripping his wrist, she willed him to let her go and to also hand her back her crutches, snatching them from his grasp and wobbling toward the kitchen speedily to get out of his presence. Grabbing a quick bite, she then kissed her mother goodbye before exiting the room with Haru, the one who she decided would drive her.

After Mikael glared at her as soon as she walked into the kitchen, she knew she couldn't go with him.

"It's so nice to be able to have some quality time with my new baby sister... alone," Haru smirked as he helped her into his rather nice car—(Y/N) noticing that all of the brothers had expensive and sleek vehicles—before sliding into his own seat. "I thought we had quite a connection when we met... don't you think so as well?"

"Uh... sure," she mumbled as she clicked in her seatbelt, awkwardly trying to adjust both her crutches and her bag. "I guess you're the only one to actually... be nice to me."

"Oh?" He hummed, grey eyes filling with amusement. "Is it because of Ashton?"

"You knew?"

"Only because he kept insisting on being the one to meet with you."

"To threaten me, more like."

"He threatened you!?" He laughed, coughing when he caught the glare that she threw him. "I mean, he threatened you? That's terrible... I'm sorry... what did he say?"

"Doesn't matter," she mumbled in slight annoyance.

"Well, if we are to be living under the same roof from now on, don't you think we should all get along?" Haru smirked as he pulled up into the school's parking lot, having first had to go through the wrought iron gates that had stolen her attention temporarily. "And besides, Ashton is just trying to get under your skin. It's what he does."

"Well, it's fucking annoying," (Y/N) continued to grumble as she stepped out of the car rather off balance. "I didn't even do anything to him."

"Yes, you did," he laughed lightly before waving to a giggling group of girls. "You showed up."

The girl gaped after him as he went off to join the other girls, watching with a twitch of her eyebrow how he so nonchalantly flirted with them as if it was an everyday routine. But, if she really thought about it, it probably was to him at least. Still grousing under her breath as she limped into the school, trying to ignore the rather prolonged stares from others who immediately recognized her as the new kid, she went to the front office to obtain both a schedule and to sign in.

Filling out a small form before the nice lady behind the desk gave her her schedule, (Y/N) then glanced at her new schedule and sighed.

Great.

I have math first period... yay.

 yay

꧁꧂