𝟏𝟑 | 𝐓𝐄𝐌𝐏𝐄𝐑

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

Hurrying into the math room just as the bell rang, (Y/N) let out a relieved breath of air as she hobbled over to her usual seat in the back, glancing around to find Eun-ji yet only spotting Mikael who flipped her the middle finger when he caught her eye. Frowning already at his hostility so early in the morning, she decided to brush it off, knowing that her instinct to kick him in the balls wouldn't be smart since if she ran after the fact, she wouldn't get very far.

    "Where's Eun-ji?" She instead asked as she settled into her seat, being only one desk apart from him.

    "At a fucking doctor's appointment," he snapped back, his amber eyes burning into hers with such irritation that she could only stare at him blankly.

    The hell?

    Why is he so mad at me?

    I've done nothing... literally nothing.

    Bitch.

    With her brow twitching in slight aggravation, she pulled out the materials that was needed for the class and tuned in to the teacher, jotting down a couple of notes every few seconds before her attention was grabbed by the announcement that was made.

    "I am handing out a work sheet that focuses on what we learned earlier this week in chapters five and six," the teacher declared as she went about handing out a piece of paper, having been referring to the textbook that they had been using—(Y/N) having had to work double time to catch up with everyone. "I want you to work with the person sitting next to you, so pair up everyone and begin!"

    (Y/N) grimaced.

    The person next to me?

    She looked to her right, but the person there was already in a pair, and when glancing to her left to where she hoped Mikael paired with the person next to him, she deflated even more when seeing that they had also moved to someone else.

    That meant she was stuck with Mikael.

    Deciding to be the bigger person and not make a big or horrible deal out of the situation, she slid over into Eun-ji's usual seat so that she could begin working, missing the side-eye that Mikael gave her. The two begrudgingly worked together with minimal chatter and even less collaboration as they merely affirmed a question with a nod of their head, finding that even though they were supposed to be working together, it didn't really seem like it.

    Until they arrived at the last question.

    "Oi, dumbass," Mikael scowled as he pointed to her paper. "This is wrong. Fix it."

    "Huh?" Her brows furrowed. "No, it isn't, asshole. What I wrote was specifically from the book and answers the question perfectly. Why should I change it without explanation?"

    "Because your reasoning is shitty."

    "And how is yours any better then, huh?" She scowled as she grabbed his paper and read over his answer, feeling her blood start to boil when realizing that he had basically stated the same thing as her with only one subtle difference. "Are you serious? You're wanting me to change my answer just because I inferred it differently?"

    "It's wrong."

    "No, it isn't. The question specifically says to answer this as a decimal or fraction."

    Mikael's glared sharpened.

    "I am not going to get a shitty grade because of your shitty answers," he then growled lowly whilst leaning in closer to her, his jaw working and his muscles tensing, as if about to physically force her to do as he asked. He didn't move though farther than that though, instead saying, "How my father even was able to allow you to apply to this school is beyond me. It's clear you have no chance of ever succeeding here, much less somewhere else considering you were stupid enough to get into a car crash that caused that."

He gestured with his head toward her cast.

    (Y/N) snapped.

    Grabbing Mikael by the collar of his shirt, she forced him forward so that her nose was almost touching his, watching as his eyes widened in surprise while she then spat out, "I'm only going to say this once, so listen well. I don't care what you think. Your opinion means shit to me. Is that clear? Insult me again... and I won't hesitate to make it so that you will also have to use crutches. Understand? Got that through your fucking thick skull?"

    She didn't wait for him to answer, instead shoving him backward just as the bell rang.

    He could only stare after her.

    "Oh, and one more thing," (Y/N) turned back to him just as she had begun to move toward the door. "Your father didn't do anything to get me into this school. Why don't you get your facts straight before you run your mouth, okay? Fucking bitch..."

    Even though she had mumbled that last part under her breath, he had caught it.

    His eyes traced her figure as she disappeared around the corner, then swiping his thumb over his bottom lip before his brows raised. It was nice to know that the daughter of the woman that Takeshi was going to marry wasn't a pushover. If anything, it made her seem less like the wimp he thought she was. With his interest in (Y/N) all the more spiking, he walked out of the room in a rather good mood from what was just witnessed.

    Well, (Y/N)...

    I guess this won't be so boring, after all.

꧁꧂